It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

Mary Godwin HB User
Is it menopause or???confused

Hello there,
Iam a woman from Tanzania, East Africa, 51years old, having grown up children, all have finished university education. I underwent Heterosectomy in 2005, and they removed my uterus but ovaries are still there so i do not get periods since then.
Recently I have started to experience strange feelings in my body which are difficult to explain. I feel tired, sometimes i experience slight headaches, i feel easily irritated and no concentration at work. Iam wondering if these are the signs of menopause or not. Plse help iam confused and frustrated.
However I need an advise but I will not be able to pay

Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

BetterMe HB User
Re: Is it menopause or???confused

I absolutely understand, my mother decided to get hysterectomy just to take sick leave from work. Until this day, she regrets it and has strongly pressed the issue to me about not getting it done, ever. However, as all things do, this will pass also. Post hysterectomy patients have plenty after symptoms, such as those you've mentioned above. This procedure will cause you to go into premature menopause, cause some stress, irritable, urinary issues, hot flashes etc. When your ovaries are removed, it removes the protective affects of cardiovascular and skeletal systems, also known as surgical menopause. Only thing I can suggest is a ceiling fan and some herbs to ease the ride. Also ask your physician for medication that can help ease symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Re: Is it menopause or???confused

Ok, ummm..this person wrote that they still have their ovaries...so there body is still producing hormones. At your age, it is very likely that you are beginning menopause. It does come with strange body effects and side effect. Headaches, nightsweats, hot flashes, facial skin irritation, lack of concentration, confusion, memory problems and being grumpy are all part of it. The good news is it eventually evens out. There are several products that you can get over the counter at pharmacies or vitamin stores that ease the symptoms. The best bet is to go to your doc, have him diagnose you and prescribe hormones, but if you can't afford that, then go to the pharmacy and ask about over the counter hormone products.

I had to have a complete hsyterectomy when I was 36, they took everything including my cerivx. Over night I was thrown into surgical menopause and I've been on hormones ever since, and things are pretty well controlled.

Good luck and take care,

Kat

Closed Thread