It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

lrowne HB User
So confused

I am 29 years old. I have 5 kids. I have been suffering from heavy periods since I was a teen. After my twins in Feb 2009 (c-section with tubal) my periods have gotten heavier. I go through a super tampon an hour with my periods lasting 7-10 days. I also have bleeding after sex. And come on every 14-18 days. My doctor thought it would be good if I tried the mirana IUD before we try NOVASURE. I had the IUD put in in jan 2010. It made my preiods lighter, probably more like a normal person, but still had bleeding after sex, I'd come on everyother week with in between spotting. I have had several ultrasounds done and blood work and everything come's back normal.

They suggest I have the NOVASURE done. I am soooo fed up with the bleeding and severe crapms that I just want it out. I have the option of having a total vaginal hysterectomy or the NOVASURE. I am confused. I don't want to do the NOVASURE and it not work and have to end up with a hysterectomy anyway.

What would you do?
Please if you have had this done please help me!

Lea

Old 09-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: So confused

My situation is similar to yours. I had a c-section and tubal ligation when I was 31. Periods very heavy, changing tampon AND pad every 10 to 15 minutes. Got worse every year. OBGYN gave me same choices as you, but after testing showed large fibroids, a hysterectomy entered the picture. I decided to have the hyster. You can read my posts on "daVinci procedure."

My main decision was to keep ovaries or not. I am now 50 so the docs think under 45 keep ovaries, over take them out. I choose to take them out. I am not experiencing bad "surgical menopause" - but do have hot flashes and insomnia (insomnia stopped after a few weeks).

I've read about novasure and see the complications women have had. I did not have any complications - I had the robotic hysterectomy. They took out ovaries and uterous, left the cervix. Not sure what recovery time a vaginal one would have, but the daVinci was very easy. I was sore for about a week, then had to remind myself that I just had surgery!

I have not been sorry at all. I am still waiting to get cramps! Now I know when I do get cramps (my cramps were pretty severe enough to take pain meds) I know it's my stomache.

Good luck on what you decide. God Bless you with 5 children! I have two.

Last edited by sawbuck44; 09-01-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added info on recovery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread