It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
(female)

Poeticsuga HB User
Question 33 years of age...Hysterectomy in the making..

Hello everyone,

I am 33 years old, I have three kids (all from c-sections). I am scared and emotional about my hysterectomy coming up. I have a couple of questions... I am having a full hysterectomy (with removal of the Uterus, not my ovaries). Will this interfer in your sex life? It may sound crazy but I am new to this. Will the recover be okay, being that I have had 3 c-sections the pain from them wasn't bad at all. So maybe I will be lucky on that. But I'm concerned about my body afterwards, I'm truly confused and any statements are welcome. Just want to know from people that have actually had the procedure done.

Thanks in Advance,
Poeticsuga

Last edited by Poeticsuga; 09-28-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

cdperry76 HB User
Re: 33 years of age...Hysterectomy in the making..

hi i actually had mine done at age 26. i still have one ovarie. my sex life is great now better than before. i was down about three weeks. back to work after that. hope this helps you some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
(female)

Poeticsuga HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdperry76 View Post
hi i actually had mine done at age 26. i still have one ovarie. my sex life is great now better than before. i was down about three weeks. back to work after that. hope this helps you some.
cdperry76,

Thanks for your response, and yes it helps...to know everyone doesn't have something bad to say about it!!! Thanks again

Old 09-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

I had an abdominal hysterectomy about five years ago... I was 46. My down time (to play it safe) was six weeks, but I actually would have gone back to work sooner if I didn't commute in a crowded area (NYC). The pain after my surgery was minimal and my sex life is better now than ever. I am happy for you that you already have your children.
The perks of never having to get your period again and never having to use contraception again are HUGE!! Take care of yourself and be sure you have help when you first get home.

blessings, Sue

The following user gives a hug of support to slenderella:
Poeticsuga (09-29-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

You can read all about my story on the "daVinci Procedure" thread.

I too am having better sex. It's not just that I don't have to think anymore about waiting, it just feels better. Stronger o's if you know what I mean. I did have my ovaries out. The hot flashes are disappearing yay!

I've also had two c-sections. My hysterectomy was four small incisions. Was not feeling well for about two weeks, then had to remind myself that I'd just had surgery. good luck

Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
(female)

Poeticsuga HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
I had an abdominal hysterectomy about five years ago... I was 46. My down time (to play it safe) was six weeks, but I actually would have gone back to work sooner if I didn't commute in a crowded area (NYC). The pain after my surgery was minimal and my sex life is better now than ever. I am happy for you that you already have your children.
The perks of never having to get your period again and never having to use contraception again are HUGE!! Take care of yourself and be sure you have help when you first get home.

blessings, Sue
Thanks a lot! I come from a family of 7 brothers and 6 sister and I'm the seventh child so I hope I will continue to be lucky, just a little scared but I will be okay!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
(female)

Poeticsuga HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawbuck44 View Post
You can read all about my story on the "daVinci Procedure" thread.

I too am having better sex. It's not just that I don't have to think anymore about waiting, it just feels better. Stronger o's if you know what I mean. I did have my ovaries out. The hot flashes are disappearing yay!

I've also had two c-sections. My hysterectomy was four small incisions. Was not feeling well for about two weeks, then had to remind myself that I'd just had surgery. good luck
Okay, because I love my O's...lol I will definitely read up on it as well. And love you quote at the end!!!! The support from here is so well appreciated!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Poeticsuga:
sawbuck44 (09-29-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

It's natural to be scared. I know you'll be just fine!! Come back here and let everyone know, okay?

blessings, Sue

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Poeticsuga (10-01-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

I wanted to let you know that I still have my cervix. Had a tubal after last c-section so those were already gone. I had large fibroids on my uterous - twice its size doc said. He said new thoughts doctors have on ovaries is under 50 leave them - over take them.

I've always heard that the more you let yourself get involved in the "dark" side, the more it will open up to you. Guess it's like an invitation because you are showing interest. I do watch Ghost Watchers and stuff like that but try to keep my mind closed. Once saw the movie Entity at the theater. The film stopped halfway through...spooky. That movie scared the crap out of me!

Last edited by sawbuck44; 09-29-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Wanted to explain my quote :)

The Following User Says Thank You to sawbuck44 For This Useful Post:
Poeticsuga (10-01-2011)
Closed Thread