It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

beverley1973 HB User
Unhappy Post complete hysterectomy patient.

I just have to say how really crappy I feel today. Its been almost 7 weeks since my complete laparoscopic hysterectomy, for the first few weeks I felt absolutely fantastic, now I dont feel so good anymore.. Every time I feel like I am turning a corner a new symptom rears its ugly head and sometimes I feel like I am the only one going through this. Today in particular I have cried for most of the day, my partner tries his best to help and I really feel awful when I snap at him for no reason...so I just sit by myself in the hope that I can snap out of it. I am using HRT patches but not regularly, I know they are the best thing for me but I also have high blood pressure and my medication is causing severe insomnia and a whole lot more which leads to other complications in conjunction with using the patches.... I just want to know if it gets better??????????

Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
(female)

Greetings HB UserGreetings HB UserGreetings HB User
Re: Post complete hysterectomy patient.

It will get better, it just takes time. You should try to take your HRT, I take bio identical ones. I did not take any HRT for years, and now my bone density is bad.

You need to be patient. I remember how hard recovery was, it seemed to take forever, but eventually the pain and other problems got better.

The mood changes you are having are likely related to your body having hormonal changes, which is a normal reaction.

Try to do something relaxing everyday, even if it is just eating a nice meal, or snacking on some goodies like chocolate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
(female)

jmcw HB User

Have you had extensive conversations with your doctor about these issues? Have you considered a therapist? I'm by no means saying you are crazy, I'm just saying that a good therapist will help you come up with ways to adjust and deal with this phase. Ways to lessen the impact on you and those around you. Sometimes it just helps to have a safe place to vent or cry about how you are feeling. I wish you luck. I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope it gets better for you.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 10 weeks ago and I still have some really bad days. I've been back to work for 2 weeks and its hard. Not only do I still have pain, but I also have awful mood swings which I don't understand because I still have my ovaries. I think I'm going through depression. I don't have a of of support. My only family lives down south and my husband has a fatal illness. So, its just me and my kids.

Last edited by Jaye66; 04-22-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Closed Thread