It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

skylady1990 HB User
Scared and wanting to hear others experiences

Let me just say this has been a really crummy month!
History: 33 yo. c-section, tubal ligation, endometrial ablation, multiple laps for ovarian cyst removal.

I had surgery 3 weeks ago to remove my a 2.5 hemorrhagic cyst, left ovary and fallopian tube due to what they thought was torsion. When they went in laproscopically they saw no sign of torsion and the cyst had ruptured but took the tube and ovary anyway due to no blood flow.

A week after surgery i'm back at the ER for right side pain this time. I was admitted and went through horrible tests and tons of imaging tests. Am surprised i'm not glowing! They found another cyst. This time on my right ovary. Released from hospital this past Saturday with a RX for Dilaudid and was told that my gyno would see me Monday no matter what. I was also to make an appt. to see a gastroenterologist.

Followed up with gyno yesterday. My right ovary has a cyst 4.9 cm. He had said after the oopherectomy that if I started developing cysts on my right ovary that I would need a full hysterectomy. He said it again at the appt. He wants to do the surgery within the next two weeks. There are complications though. My bladder is fused to my uterus. So he wants a Urologist there at the surgery just in case. He also wants a General Surgeon there to run my intestines. That way if there are any problems there it can be taken care of during the surgery. Can a cyst that big grow in a matter of 2 weeks? If not how could this have been missed?

I'm really scared. I'm only 33 so that means years and years of hormone pills. the complications scare me. If everything goes well then I'll be out of the hospital in 3 days after surgery but if something happens I don't know how long I'll be kept. I've already gone through the salpingo oopherectomy just 3 weeks ago and now they want to cut my belly open from belly button to pubis and do another big surgery. I have been staying at my mom's since she has a ranch with no stairs. I miss my husband and my 12 yo son. Thank goodness my husband has risen to the occasion and taken good care of him and arranged everything. I'm whining and I'm sorry. If i could hear your stories, how long it took you to recover from this surgery to some sort of normal pain free life. How soon you could handle stairs, laundry, normal everyday tasks would be a huge help.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: skylady1990
moedeloos123 (11-15-2011), Ontario_redhead (10-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Scared and wanting to hear others experiences

I had an abdominal hysterectomy back in 2008 and three weeks later I prepared Thanksgiving dinner. I did not lift heavy items, but other than that it was life as usual.
Give yourself as much time as the doctor tells you, initially, to heal. It's so important.
I feel wonderful since, and hope you will too. Take it easy.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
(female)

jmcw HB User
Re: Scared and wanting to hear others experiences

I have nothing to offer you except for well wishes. I'm sorry you are scared, I would be in your shoes. I hope you have a good support network and everything goes well. Hugs from a stranger.

Closed Thread