It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

wrappednplastic HB User
Possible Rectocele.

Hello all.

I am a 24 year old female and I am quite positive I have a rectocele. It's taken me a while to diagnose myself.
I had my daughter 5 years ago, and possibly since then, have had alot of problems with bowel movements etc. But I guess I just got used to it.

At one stage, I did see a doctor about always suffering from constipation and a loss of sensation, "down there". She gave me some Fybogel and I was to go back for a check up but thought after a while I had been fine. I was eating better and lost alot of weight after my daughter, so the bowel movements weren't as bad.

But recently, I have noticed there are obviously not normal. I either don't have a bowel movement for a few days which leaves me feeling bloated and horrible, or it's really hard to pass a bowel movement and 9 times out of ten, I have to remove the stool manually, which is hardly ideal, or I end up still not feeling like I have passed whatever is there.

I started by having to insert fingers into the vagina to try and help ease out the stool, when I noticed a bulge of sorts a little further up. If I push this, it feels a little painful, like I have to pass a stool that won't budge. Obviously this isn't normal. I'm not too sure how long this has been there, but I'm sure constantly having to strain on the loo isn't helping.

The thing is, I had a long labour with my daughter which resulted in a C-section. I thought this kind of thing only happened with vaginal births.

I am a young woman, and it's having a terrible effect on my sex life as well as daily life. My vagina feels like it's getting gradually weaker. I can tell my other half can't enjoy full intercourse with me and it's a proper kick to my confidence. I know he probably thinks it's due to me having a child but it's just a bit too embarrassing to admit that it's a prolapsed bowel. I've read that the walls of the vagina are strengthened with surgery.

I have tried kegal exercises but I am terrible at remembering to do them.

I have an appointment again now this week with the doctor to see what can be done. I have been reading up on surgery to correct this and I'm hoping this doctor refers me for it. The lady I seen a couple of years back , is booked up for the next wo weeks and it's been playing on my mind so much I just want it checked asap.

Has anyone had the surgery? Has it strengthened your vaginal muscles, resulting in a better sex life for both partners?

What are the results like after? Does everything down there improve? I've read a few things were women have described it as feeling "like a virgin again". Will sex be more enjoyable for both of us? It's not good at the minute for either of us and it's embarrassing because my other half has a large enough penis that he shouldn't be able to feel the lack of tightness. :S I don't mean to sound crude. But I know none of his former gf's have had children and it's just hitting my self esteem a lot.

How painful is the recovery from the surgery. I've had a C-section and the Google results on the interwoogie are showing up as being very similar to recovering from rectocele repair.

Not exactly ideal having a child and job to go to..

Hope someone can help me with this. Let me know what I am in for.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread