It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
(female)

hornetfan7777 HB User
I have had it with this sweating!!!!

I am 50. I had my last period just before my 49th birthday. Last April they found a mass on one of my ovaries ----during one of my routine MRI checkups on my lower back. My gyn did some ultrasounds and decided in the end to do surgery. He wanted my left ovary removed and checked for cancer. I agreed to that. He wanted to go ahead and remove my right also. I have always had my right ovary hidden on ultrasounds. I told him that if it looked alright to leave my right one alone. He agreed.

When he got in there, he found that my right ovary was shrunk to the size of the tip of your pinky and also had a cyst. So, it was taken also.

Thank God, there was no cancer.

But, I thought before the surgery that I had had hot flashes ----- I did not know what a hot flash was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sweating is driving me crazy!!! I have always hated sweating --- it is just such a nasty feeling and I feel like I stink all the time. I simply cannot keep up with showering ---I start sweating sometimes after I get out.

HELP!!!! Is there any thing I can do besides using hormones? Any advice would be so very appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emma

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: I have had it with this sweating!!!!

i had surgical menopause and dealt with the intense sweating. it was so embarrassing when id be walking around the store meeting people and interviewing them and looking around for a napkin! thankfully it only lasted a few weeks. i took nothing. hang in there. i also have a thread on this board about my experience for more info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
(female)

hornetfan7777 HB User

Thank you for the encouragement. It doesn't feel like it is going to end anytime soon. But, I am hopeful!!!! It is just so embarrassing!!!! I pray it ends before warmer weather. The cold weather is all that gets me through!!! I almost always have to leave church to go outside and cool down. Oh well! I will look for your thread.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:00 AM   #4
(female)

mom32 HB User

I had the same problem when I had my hysterectomy...I tried everything and finally I was told by a doctor to try Black Cohosh...I buy it at Walmart in the section where the vitamins are...it has worked wonders for me...hope this helps...

Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #5
(female)

hornetfan7777 HB User

Thank you very much for the info!!!!

Closed Thread