It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
(female)

jrussell HB User
possible hysterectomy

Im going to try and make this quick and sweet. Im 30. First child july 2002, second dec 2006 third january 2008. After the last child i had a tubal done. Her pregnancy was very rough and we knew we didnt want anymore children. Ever since the tubal i have had horrid cramps and heavy bleeding. I never had any of this before my tubal. I was also never on birth control the years prior to my children.

The bleeding has been heavy enough that im having to change a tampon every hour the first two to three days. For almost 4 years ive had 9 or more bad episodes a year. When i say bad i mean i cant move, i cant sit on the toilet without requiring help to get up. The cramping is so bad even when im not on my period. Needless to say yesterday was the worst. I was driving and it started. Made me want to cry, it dulled for an hour or two, then it woke me up in the middle of the night. By morning i knew i had to call my doctor.

He did an exam and was concerned with the pain upon him applying pressure to my lower left quadrant. It hurt when applied and released i even hit him. :\. We had recently done a full cbc ,ultrasound, pelvic exam and catscan due to the same issues. With as much pain as i was in he didnt want to put me throught the pelvic exam. I just wanted some meds to make it stop and give it 24 hours. After all the testing for four years has came back normal i was fed up. He did tell me i had options a. ultrasound & catscan b. go on birth control c. talk to a surgeon about hysterectomy. He is the second doctor ive seen. First doctor (he did my tubal) said i could do ablation or reversal of my surgery. He was a putz and i never went back.

So we gave it 24 hours and my doc called me first thing this morning checking up on me. I told him i was still under the effects of the medicine that i had to take in the middle of the night. He said i could go have an ultrasound or just wait it out for the meds to wear off and see how i feel. He asked me to call him back once they wore off and let him know how it was. I didnt last that long. The dizzy spells and nausea were getting worse so i called him, he immediatley set me up to go see a new obgyn surgeon. I was in the new docs office with the hour.

Gave him a quick summary of the past years and now. We did the ultrasound and it all came up clear. So he gave me two options. A.implanon i dont do well with pills. b. hysterectomy.

I of course asked the side effects of both and how much relief i would have. With the implanon id have possibly no period or just a very light one, but may still have the cramping and bloating( i dont just mean i cant button my pants i mean i look 5 months pregnant over night) With the hysterectomy id still be ovulating and bloating.

Since i havent gotten a definte answer as to why this is happening im confused. Why wont he just do a full hysterectomy? I did ask this and was told its due to my age. I have seen plenty of women who have had them younger than me. Does anyone know of any other options as to how to stop this? A friend said i very well may have had a ruptured cyst and it was gone by the time i had the ultrasound done.

Has anyone had similar issues? If so were they completely gone after having a hysterectomy?

As we speak im on a ton of pain meds. So if any of this is not making sense im sorry. I will try to clarify if need be later. I can't go through another year of this. It has made me miss out on so much of my childrens lifes. Thanks for any advice in advance.

The following user gives a hug of support to jrussell:
slenderella (02-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: possible hysterectomy

sorry, I have no answers for you. Just checking in to see how you are feeling these days, and what was decided??

Sue

Closed Thread

Tags
bloating, cramps, tubal ligation