It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
(female)

Dlynnm HB User
Nova Sure Endometrial Ablation

I'm scheduled to have this done Wed. Having Heavy periods. I am 48 done having children. I'm having it done in the Hospital and very nervous about being put under. Could someone give me some feed back on this? Thank You!

Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Nova Sure Endometrial Ablation

Your feelings of nervousness about general anesthesia are normal. When you get to the hospital in the pre op area, if you're really nervous you can ask them if they can give you something to relax.

I had a HER uterine ablation where I was awake and it was done by ultrasound guidance. This procedure freezes the lining of the uterus, whereas the procedure you're having done burns it. The end result is the same that the uterine lining is destroyed.

I was hoping for a better result than I had. I was having heavy bleeding and pain, and had periods that were lasting 7-10 days with heavy clotting. I have a bunch of small-medium fibroids and andomyosis (however you spell it - it's the thickened uterine lining). My periods were reduced to 4-6 days which was nice, but still have the terrible pain and heavy bleeding which is perhaps slightly lessened from before the procedure.

I was told 2.5 years ago when I had the ablation that I should have a hysterectomy instead, but I was in the middle of a number of spine surgeries so I chose this option to delay the hysterectomy. I'm now having a hysterectomy by da Vinci robot on Tuesday, Feb 14.

Best wishes to you - you'll do fine!

The following user gives a hug of support to twohands:
Dlynnm (02-15-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
Dlynnm (02-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
(female)

Dlynnm HB User
Re: Nova Sure Endometrial Ablation

Thank you so much for the Info. I had my surgery this morning. Mild cramping but other than that feeling ok so far. Hope everything went well with yours.

Closed Thread