It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

Miss Elaineous HB User
Oblation failing? Trying to find some answers

I had an oblation 12 years ago. In January I started spotting, in February I bled 15-18 days, in March I bled 15-18 days. I'm now scheduled for a Hysterectomy - does this kind of bleeding ever just clear up - or will it just ramp up.

Before the ablation I went through 5 different birth control pills - all which failed and left me bleeding about 25 days a month. Had a D&C, had a chemical D&C, after two years of bleeding I had an oblation.

I'm nervous about the surgery - but also hopeful as I don't want to go back to the experience I had two years ago. I'm 42.

Cherie

Old 04-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Oblation failing? Trying to find some answers

Cherie,

Sounds like it's time for a hysterectomy for you. I had an ablation also, and after around 6 months my bleeding also increased, and 2 years after I would have never known I even had it as my bleeding was right back to being really bad. My gyno who did it warned me that often 2-5 years afterwards the endometrium lining in the uterus tends to regrow and you can get your old symptoms back again.

I've had 6 spine surgeries and a hysterectomy in the past few years. The hysterectomy by far was the easiest recovery. Two weeks after I hardly remembered even having it!

It was a great decision for me. I had it by da vinci robot which I would highly recommend.

Best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
(female)

Miss Elaineous HB User
Re: Oblation failing? Trying to find some answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by twohands View Post
Cherie,

Sounds like it's time for a hysterectomy for you. I had an ablation also, and after around 6 months my bleeding also increased, and 2 years after I would have never known I even had it as my bleeding was right back to being really bad. My gyno who did it warned me that often 2-5 years afterwards the endometrium lining in the uterus tends to regrow and you can get your old symptoms back again.

I've had 6 spine surgeries and a hysterectomy in the past few years. The hysterectomy by far was the easiest recovery. Two weeks after I hardly remembered even having it!

It was a great decision for me. I had it by da vinci robot which I would highly recommend.

Best wishes!
Thank you for your reply. I was second guessing the decision because this month has been better than the previous 3 - however during my pre-op physical the doctor mentioned scar tissue on my cervix. I already had to have it opened once because it scarred almost shut - and now I have this low-lying crampy bloated feeling like you get before a period, but the bleeding hasn't started yet. It's been about 5 days of this feeling. Makes me wonder if things are stuck.

Anyway - just nervous and not wanting to do this procedure unnecessarily. A bigger fear is thinking I'm better only to have things "break loose" the following month.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Closed Thread

Tags
ablation, hysterectomy