It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

LMF64 HB User
Need help knowing what to do

Hi- I've had uterine issues for 4 years now. From a thickened lining, with polyps and cysts, and having many biopsies and a D & C. Went on progesterone and it was making me feel crazy and out of control and I bled for 26 out of 30 days each month. I've been off of it for a year and just had another biopsy and sonogram and I have a polyp filling up my entire uterus. Needless to say, the Dr wants to do another D& C. She said normally she would suggest ablation as well, but my sister had uterine cancer at 46 and they said you don't get good biopsies after an ablation so that is not an option for me. I suggested they just take my uterus out since I am done with it anyways and then I don't have to go through biopsies, ultrasounds and bleeding issues every month ( biopsies and ultrasounds every 6 mths). She said she would do a da Vinci hysterectomy if I decided to go this route. Background on me; I am 47 have 4 kids and my mom didn't go through menopause until her late 50's so I could have another 10 years of this. Also- every single ultrasound I have ever had over the past 20 years, I have had a cyst on one or my other ovary. The Dr said she would remove one ovary as this reduces the risk of ovarian cancer by 50%. Please give me your thoughts on all of this! Is a partial hysterectomy too radical of a decision based on the info I have given you? Thanks in advance for your help!!

The following user gives a hug of support to LMF64:
TambiNewton (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Need help knowing what to do

Nope, I don't think it's too radical at all. I think you should pursue it. You'll be happy you did. I also had a hysterectomy (abdominal) and kept an ovary. I'm pleased I did that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

TambiNewton HB User
Re: Need help knowing what to do

I am kind of in the same boat as you. I have had issues for a long time and there is a history of Cancer in my family also. They are thinking of taking EVERYTHING from me due to complex endometrial hyperpalsia atypia. I am scared to death for them to take everything. I am 36 and do not want to go through menapause already. Everyone tells me that I will be a totally different person after the surgery and I will feel so much better. Ok thats all fine and good but I didnt realize I was that bad lol. I know its tough to go through this. Hopefully you have a good support system around you! Take Care and keep us updated please!

Closed Thread