It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

stepyl HB User
CIN 3 need hysterectomy? need help!

I'm 36 yrs old with 2 kids. I did my Colposcopy in early April result show CIN 3 -there are fragment of cervical tissue from the transformation zone showing extensive dysplastic changes involving the stratified squamouse epithelium > 2/3 of the epithelium thickness.
- Extension into the endocervical glands are noted. some the dysplastic epithelium is present as loose superficial fragments.
- No definite HPV changes are identified. No stromal invasion is seen. The cervical stroma show moderate chronic inflammation.

My doctor ask me to discuss with my husband whether still need children or not. if not to have children, he will do hysteretomy and retain ovaries. My husband dont want more children and avoid the risk. my childrens still young and need my financial support.

Is hyseretomy the best treatment for me ? will i be a normal person beside cannot pregnant ?

my 2nd doctor opion advise to proceed LEEP, initial my was happy to hear about this procedure, but research show CIN will come back. Now i under pressure and canot sleep well, cannot focus of my work. I worry it come back and suddenly become cancer and my children still young. if can change job, the new co and insurance will not cover existence sickness and i need to work for existing co for life.

Hope to get help from here. Thank you

I would like to live happily without carry a bom in by body an

Old 04-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
(female)

dpmoe HB User
Re: CIN 3 need hysterectomy? need help!

I too have CIN 3 + high risk HPV (for the second time). First time was 20 yrs ago (I am 48) and had six crazy + stressful months of multiple (and botched) colpolscopies, multiple dr, multiple opinions. Finally found a great dr who perform the next 20 yrs without any problems + never an ab pap.

This past Jan the ab pap revealed CIN 3/HPV were back (with a vengence). Way too much dysplasia for laser this time. I had cone biopsy 3/5 which revealed nbo cancer, no spreading of dysaplasia beyond surface of cervix, but the cone did not get it all.

There is a chance that the cone will have prompted the ab cells to reverse, but dr says I have a tricky cervix + does not like how much dysplasia I developed from one annual pap to another.

As you can appreciate, I am scared, depressed + exhausted from all of this trauma. I am a single mother of a 13 year old daughter and feel it is my duty to do everything I can to remain healthy + alive + part of my life. (I lost my mom in my twenties so know how hard + lonely it can be to be motherless". Also you can be sure my daughter will be "one less" as the commercial says and will be getting the HPV vaccine.

Best of luck to you. If you'd like, keep me posted.

I have decided to do the hysyerectomy (TVH) in June.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
cin3