It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
(female)

TambiNewton HB User
Obese with Complex Endometrial Hyperplasia Atypical

Let me begin with letting everyone know that I am 6ft tall and 523lbs. This whole road started with me going into the local hospital with pains in the abdomen. Due to my weight and the fact that I live in a small town they were not equiped to take me at that hospital since they were thinking it was appendix. They took me by ambulance 2 1/2 hours away to a hospital in Seattle, WA. After a night at that hospital and lots of antibiotics they released me saying hey its not your appendix but we dont know what it is go home. So my boyfriend of 15 years said hey maybe since you have had issues before maybe it is your woman parts(yes ladies he used that term lol). And so the search began for a gyno here to take me. None would stating they were afraid with my size I would break their beds and so on. So after giving up and having a heck of a pity party I got angry. I called Virginia Mason in Seattle and found a wonderful doctor who took me right away and a week later I was in her office getting the necessary tests. Low and behold it came up with Complex Endometrial Hyperplasia Atypia. I know this story is long so far but I swear I have a point! My doctor then moved to Colorado before I could get into her again. I was refered to one of her collegues. She also is AMAZING! The original plan was a colposcopy. Well this doctor skipped the middle man and said no we are doing a leep. So it was done almost a week ago and now I am in the recovery stage. I will be contacted next week to schedule the hysterctomy. My point of this.....Doctors are not always prepared to take everyone. If I would have given up and just let it go I would have ended up with cancer. You need to not give up and fight for your life and for your health. There are so many obese people out there who are not getting the care needed. I was angry with the doctors here in this town but to be honest they saved my life! Now I am facing a long road for recovery or pain and other issues but I know I will survive.

The following user gives a hug of support to TambiNewton:
slenderella (05-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread