It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

westsidebrat HB User
4 weeks after hving a total hysterectomy..

i had my uteres, fallopian tubes nad cervix removed about 4 weeks ago today, and up to today was feeling pretty good the procedure i had was a robotic assisted laposcopic surgery. today a sneezed a real hard sneeze and now im experience a pain on my right lower side im a bit scared not, not sure what it is. i returned to work 2 weeks after surgery for a work at a desk. please help

Old 08-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
(female)

Ilovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB User
Re: 4 weeks after hving a total hysterectomy..

I, too, have had this surgery...Sneezing can really hurt for quite some time...It's the stitches that they take that pull on you...Try to take it easy as normally you do not go back to work for from four to six weeks...If you are ever worried about anything with the procedure call your doctor...It can be scary....

I found that it took me near 6 months to get back to feeling good...Mine was abdominal so I was stitched from belly button to South America....And believe me that hurt....I only wish I could have had your type of surgery...

Good luck and hopefully you will be feeling well soon...Take care...ILD....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
(female)

taggert HB User
Re: 4 weeks after hving a total hysterectomy..

The same thing happened to me! I had my hysterectomy in February, also robotic assisted laparoscopic. Anytime I coughed or sneezed or moved suddenly I had sharp pain in my right side. I was also bleeding moderately and spotting. I stood up one day and blood just POURED out of me. Possibly the scariest thing I've ever experienced.

My DH rushed me to the ER...turns out an artery had burst, possibly the doctor said it was nicked during my hysterectomy.

Be cautious. It was about three weeks after the surgery and I had to have another to have the artery repaired. If something doesn't feel right, have it checked out.

Reply Reply