It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
spotting after sex

Hi, I had a hysterectomy 18 months ago, uterus and cervix were taking out but tubes have been left in. Everything has been great for 18 months but the last 4 times my husband and I had sex, I have been spotting bright red blood, not a whole lot but it shows up on the toilet paper. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what could be causing it, it is all new to me. thanks

Last edited by hollygirl05; 08-29-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: reworded

Old 10-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
(female)

lelou HB User
Thumbs up Re: spotting after sex

Hi Hun

I no its a real worry when you hear the word hysterectomy, I had a Total abdonimal hysterectomy in Jan 2011, was a real shock for me, but mine was slightly different, as i found i was bleeding in between periods, at first i thought i was due to my age being 45yrs old at the time, & maybe being premenopausal, had my cervical smear test, and found i had a abnormal result, went to see a consultant at my local hospital who did a biopsy of my Uterus/womb & they also did an MRI scan, it came back abnormal & they told me over the phone that i needed a total abdominal hysterectomy, i threw down the phone on shock, i couldn't believe what they were telling me, went to see the consultant again & she said they had found something suspicious on the lining of my womb & it may be cancer, i couldn't believe what i was hearing, but had no choice in the matter & went ahead and had the TAH, was in a bit of pain when i came around & very sore, i came home after abt 3days, depending on how quick you recover, & as you may no a hysterectomy is different for every woman, & depending on what type of hysterectomy you had & if you were premenopausal or postmenopausal at the time, and many need HRT, Hormone Replacement therapy, thats usually if your ovaries are taken away like mine were, my results came back & i had Grade 1, Stage 1, Endometrial Carcinoma on the lining of my womb, {cancer of the womb} but said they had taken it all away & i wouldn't need any follow up appointments, i was so very lucky & was greatful that the cancer was found very early on & i didn't need any radical treatment afterwards, but it doesn't stop you feeling paranoid that the cancer may come back,

I really don't want to worry you hun, but if i were you I'd get it checked out by your Doctor, i didn't get bleeding after intercourse, mine was more when i started my period, usually had around a 3day period, but mine was stopping, starting, over a 2weekly basis, like i said i thought it had somthing to do with my age at the time, i knew that bleeding in between periods could be serious, but i didn't for one second think that was happening to me, So Please go & get it checked out, it may be nothing, but best to be safe than Sorry sweety,

Please let me no how you get on Ok hun,

All the best Lelou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply