It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
(female)

looptyloop HB User
total hysterectomy 3 days ago

I had a total hysterectomy 3 days ago. I was able to keep my ovaries. I am concerned that I have not had a bowel movement since the surgery. I am very gassy as the Dr. explained I would be from being filled with air. I am having no problem urinating but am concerned about the lack of stool as I have always been very regular, never constipated. I am also feeling a few heart palpitations and am so bloated that I feel so disgusting. I do not have an appetite but understand I must eat in order to recover so i am forcing myself to eat. Any advise as to how long to wait for a poop?
Thank you very much,

Old 09-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: total hysterectomy 3 days ago

Pain meds cause constipation. I wouldn't worry about it. You could take a stool softener, eat applesauce. You aren't eating anything either so there is nothing much to produce a stool.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
(female)

LisaStetz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by looptyloop View Post
I had a total hysterectomy 3 days ago. I was able to keep my ovaries. I am concerned that I have not had a bowel movement since the surgery. I am very gassy as the Dr. explained I would be from being filled with air. I am having no problem urinating but am concerned about the lack of stool as I have always been very regular, never constipated. I am also feeling a few heart palpitations and am so bloated that I feel so disgusting. I do not have an appetite but understand I must eat in order to recover so i am forcing myself to eat. Any advise as to how long to wait for a poop?
Thank you very much,
I am glad that i just got on this list as i did find another list but could not get on it even though i signed up for it and it is just for this subject, i do not have regular movements but i have to take fiborcon and stool softer, col-tec
for another problem as i have IBS, i do not eat breakfast so this should be interesting for me, my ovaries will be taken out and my problem is that i am on alot of diffrent meds and had to stop at least 2 of them and a supplement which has something in it that acts like a blood thinner, well any way my problem is now i have to get back on pred 6 days of it. past 24 hours have had a lot of pain do to stopping my other meds, do you know if it is safe to start the pred?

Lisa

Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
(female)

StacieLee43 HB User

I had a total vaginal hysterectomy on Sept 14th of this year.. I was 5 days before my first bowel movement, with the help of stool softeners.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Walking really helps to get the body working again. Everytime I have surgery, which is too often, I get up and walk as soon as I can. It really helps

Reply Reply

Tags
bloating, bowels, hysterectomy