It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

Datamate226 HB User
Smile Laproscopic Assisted Vaginal Histerectomy

Hi, I am 45 and a mother of two boys. I had my surgery 23 Oct 2012, so almost 2 weeks ago. Reason, fibroids, unusually large uterus and heavy periods. My surgeon was great. Stayed in the hospital one day after surgery. When I woke up I wasn't in much pain, but had the nurses keep the painkillers up for the duration of my stay. So glad I had this surgery. I am amazed at how little pain i am feeling considering my surgery took longer than most, because of complications they had during my surgery. Three small incisions in my lower abdomen that are healing quickly, plus they are below the bikini line (if u r a bikini wearer . Side effects thus far.... I have had some bowel movement problems during the 1st week. One day I would poop too much the next day not at all, but now I'm pooping fine. Other than that the pain control has been pretty easy. Just make sure you get a prescription before leaving the hospital from the doc, and you should be fine. I was walking from day one, at first a little bent, but I try to remember to stretch up straight first before I start walking. That helps for better posture and healing quicker. Live long healthy and happy, and hopes this helps calm some fears

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Datamate226 For This Useful Post:
slenderella (11-04-2012), SouthGenie (11-04-2012)
Reply Reply