It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
(female)

Toosmart282 HB User
Smile 42 and Thinking about Hysterectomy

Went to the doctor and had a ultrasound and a transvaginal ultrasound. The results where I have Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. I can do a embolization or a hysterectomy. The will leave my ovaries and cervix. They will be doing the LSH so there will be hardly no down time. Can someone please share there experience with a hysterectomy with me. Needing some advice on embolization or hysterectomy?

The following user gives a hug of support to Toosmart282:
slenderella (11-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: 42 and Thinking about Hysterectomy

I had an abdominal (not laparoscopic) hysterectomy a few years ago. My uterus and one ovary was removed. I had a huge (19 cm) fibroid and lots of bleeding issues. I'm so happy I did it. Had a rather easy recovery and have felt great since.

The following user gives a hug of support to slenderella:
Toosmart282 (11-15-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Toosmart282 (11-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
(female)

tearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB User

I am the same age as you and am coming up on the 1st anniversary of my vaginal hysterctomy. I will tell you that it was the best decision that I could have made and I have never regreted it. I kept both ovaries but they took the cervix due to multiple history of dysplasia which was part of the reason for the hysterctomy. The new procedures that don't require abdominal make recovery much quicker for most people.

The Following User Says Thank You to tearsnfears For This Useful Post:
Toosmart282 (11-30-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
(female)

Busymum15 HB User
Smile Re: 42 and Thinking about Hysterectomy

Hi I am having a hysterectomy for endo problems and heavy painful periods. I was given the choice between a hysterectomy and ablation for me the best choice is a hysterectomy.I have suffered for a lot of years and I have finished having children.Do you know if they will keep your ovaries. I have been told in my case they will try and keep at least one ovary otherwise you need HRT after the op. I am due to have my op in the new year and I have to stay in 3 days and take it easy afterwards no heavy lifting ect. I didn't find it very easy at first to decide which option to choose but I did get a lot of info from this site and my doctor to help me decide.all the best and hope all goes well.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
(female)

Toosmart282 HB User

Hello ladies that responded! I want to update you guys on what I did. I had a LHS hysterectomy. They took my uterus and one of my tubes and left my ovaries. Had my surgery Jan. 21 going to be 2 weeks Monday. Some days I do really well but I've had a set back today hurting pretty good. I've taken 2 pain pills today and for a week I've taken only 1 a day. I took off 4 weeks and I'm hoping that's gonna be long enough. I have a physical job so I'm kinda freaked out about going back. All in all I'm glad I did it because my periods where getting to the point of unbearable.

So thanks you guys for the responses. Take care

Old 03-15-2013, 03:04 AM   #6
(female)

linka HB User

I have not had hysterectomy yet (getting one next month /sigh) but my advice to you as woman to woman, try to get every alternative method first and see if it works.

Remember, once you'll get your uterus/ovaries removed - there's no way of going back and getting them back. Then you'll be required to take hormones for life and who knows what your sex life/experience is going to be like.

I've done a LOT of research on hysterectomy over 3 months time and I am reading mixed reviews from different women. Some say they enjoy sex even more than before, others say they don't feel a thing and have 0 libito and because of that their relationships are in jeopardy.

If you don't have cancer or pre-cancerous condition or a cyst or 2 that are growing constantly every month and don't seem to slow down, then do the other procedure first and see if it will improve your health.

As I said before, you can always get hysterectomy done but once your uterus/ovaries are gone - they are GONE!

Reply Reply