It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

Destin2bmore HB User
Confused

I am a 39 year old mother of 2. I have actually had 3 babies one was born at 26 wks & passed shortly after birth due to collapsed lungs in Dec 2002. I was told during that time that I had very large fibroids that was removed in Fed 2003 weighing 6 1/2 lbs. I had my 3rd baby in Jan 2004. Sep 2012 I started having dull pain in my stomach let it go until a few days later when I could barely move, laugh, cough, or lay on my stomach. When I was seen by my doctor she gave me a shot for the pain & said my abdomen was very tender & sent me to the gyn. He scheduled me for a pelviscopy and found that I had a really bad infection in both of my Fallopian tubes, my abdomen was extended to the size of a 18 wk gestation, 2 very large fibroids with several smaller fibroids behind them and an ovarian cyst. My periods are very heavy normally requiring me to change every 20 to 30 mins & wear a tampon and two pads (one the regular way & one across the front on my underwear when I have to go out. I try very hard to stay home the 1st 2 or 3 days. I have large clots which I can normally feel coming out. And my uterus often feels like its going to fall out during my cycle. And usually getting a low grade fever at the end. Well the out come is a total hysterectomy. I have talked to 4 doctors at this point 2 men & 2 women 3 of which said have the surgery. The last one said if the pain goes way I am fine but eventually I may want to elect to have it. I am so confused. My tubes are swollen, I have been told they could burst. I have been told that the infection could cause peritonitis in my abdomen. I don't know what to do. I am taken my second course of antibiotics not sure how any courses I can take without them causing a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am so afraid to get my period this month as they have been getting worse over the last few months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
hysterectomy