It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

newfienavy HB User
Sharp Cramping 8 months post-op

Hello Everyone, I had a Laproscopic Partial Hysterectomy(left ovaries) in Sept/12 and I am still having the cramps that made me see my Gyno in the first place. It seems that the cramps before surgery were the little brother of the ones I have now. I get about 4-5 a day now.... I am only 33 years old and the surgery has put me into early menopause, so I am even more upset than I guess I should be. Can anyone please offer some advice? My Gyno has now referred me to a Urologist and I am starting to get really worried now....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Sharp Cramping 8 months post-op

How awful that must be that the problem the hysterectomy should have fixed is now worse! It sounds like your doctor didn't do the necessary work-ups before surgery to determine the root cause of the cramping. I was also overtreated and am suffering the consequences. One thing that comes to mind is interstitial cystitis which can cause bladder spasms. Another possibility is a gastrointestinal issue such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
(female)

newfienavy HB User

Thanks for letting me know I am not the unluckiest person around. I see a Doc on the 23rd and I hope that they can help me.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Good luck! Let us know what you find out.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
(female)

newfienavy HB User
Unhappy Re: Sharp Cramping 8 months post-op

I have seen the Urologist and I need to get a Local Cysto to find out what is wrong. If there is something then we will go from there, if not then I have a see a cronic pain specialst because the Hysterectomy must of cut some nerves and there is no way to repair them. I am scared about my job, if I have to see a Pain Doc, then I may have to start looking for a new job. Has anyone every had an issue like this after a Hysterectomy? I really need some advice ladies

Old 06-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

If it's a nerve problem, nerves can regenerate but that may or may not resolve the pain. Also, you mentioned that the hysterectomy threw you into menopause. Estrogen is important for every cell in the body including bladder and bowel function. Are you taking any form of estrogen?

Old 06-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
(female)

newfienavy HB User

Thanks again for the quick response, I have not started taking any hormones yet. The Doc's want to wait until the pain issue has been resovled or figured out prior to starting anything else.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hmmm - doesn't seem like HRT would have any effect on the work-ups. Hopefully the menopausal symptoms aren't too bad then! Mine hit hard and fast.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
(female)

newfienavy HB User

Thanks for the help St. Louis. I get the Cysto on 04 July, so hears hoping they find something. Never thought I would say that before. LOL

Reply Reply