It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 08:53 AM   #1

Min1041 HB User
Question Injections to boost immunity?

Hi all -

I have some strange things going on and hope that someone else here might share some information...

My mother had German Measles when i was pregnant, and therefore, I was born with an almost non existant immume system. I spent the first 5 or 6 years of my life chronically ill with asthma, strep, bronchitis...... during my youth, starting at about age 10, my doctor started me on a series of injections to boost my immune system. They were called BAC injections. I took them weekly for years and my health really improved. (This was in the late 70's early 80's)

Years went by and I enjoyed relatively good health. i am 34 now and have been experiencing bouts of recurrent shingles on my lower back by the tailbone. I have had a culture done and it tests positive for herpes zoster. However, the lesions don't last for weeks like a normal outbreak of shingles, just days, and there is no post herpatic neuralgia afterwards. i don't know why this occurs, and my doctor just always says, "I don't understand that...." He is hesitant to prescribe meds because of the damage they can do to the organs, so i just deal with it using a natural remedy. I take zoloft, birth control pills, have a bad gall bladder, and have sciatic nerve problems, so i figure that may have something to do with it.

My blood work has never shown anything abnormal such as leukemia or lupus or aids, just some high cholesterol and triglicerides (which I am working on) This has been going on for about 8 years now... I'm pretty tired of dealing with the shingles and a weakened immune system so I am looking for information on the injections i took when I was a kid. I am hoping someone else had them and remembers the technical name for them. Maybe those shots will help me.

Sorry for the super long post, I'm just desperate!

Thanks..... Mindy Tx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread