It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User
Question possible immue problem.

My dd keeps getting absesses in her genital area. No matter what we do, she gets them. She has been on an antibiotic like 4 x's this year alone and now we go in for a shot and a different one. She is 3 and fully potty trained. We are clean ppl.

They are starting to think that maybe there is something wrong with her bodies immune system or the way she fights this certin type of thing. They feel it is a form of Staph that she isn't getting rid of completely.

They also want to check her titters and make sure that she reacted to the vaccines. I don't understand this, if she is immune compermized, why add more viruses for her to fight? I'm iffy on the whole vaccine thing anyway, my son has Asperger Syndrome so I have done some research in this department.

Coud this just be an underlying allergy to something and making it hard for her body to fight everything else? I feel alot of my son's problems are allergy related and he is on a special diet to help with this issure. I'm in the process of making an apt for her to see an allergist.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
(female)

pambyboo HB User
Re: possible immue problem.

Have them test her for MRSA. (Methycillin resistant staphylococus aureus).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

2cutekids HB User

just looked this up and it appears that the drs are treating her as this is what she has. She got the shots today and start a new antibiotic tomorrow. I hope this is all it is and not an immune problem.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
(female)

pambyboo HB User

It's not usually related to an immune problem. What it is is a drug resistant strain of bacteria normally found on the body, and is becoming much more common. Antibiotics that are normally used to kill staph infections won't work on this strain, and stronger ones are needed. That is why you should ALWAYS take the antibiotics as prescribed, and take them for as long as prescribed, unless the doctor tells you otherwise. Not finishing them leaves bacteria in the body, and this encourages the bacteria to recognize the antibiotic in the future, and mutate into a different form the antibiotic can't work on.
Your daughter should be fine, but your family should be tested as well.
Pambyboo

Closed Thread