It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

Ladybandit08 HB User
My labs..do these numbers sound bad?

I am not even sure if I am in the right place...I have been having many problems and someone suggested an immune disorder..my drs dont really want to listen to me. I had some lab work done in the ER and went and picked it up today. Here are the things that were high and low

Neutro Auto was 81.1 ( high )
Lymph Auto 14.0 ( low )
Abs Neutro 7.2 High

I tried to google these things and just got immune disorder info, not anything about what these #s mean. Sorry if im in the wrong place...

and Thank you for reading!

Missy

Old 03-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
Re: My labs..do these numbers sound bad?

Those numbers are not out of range actually. Somewhat elevated above average. Smoking and allergies both can cause elevations in neutrophils and the lymphocytes zip back and forth from blood stream to tissues all day long every day. There would have to be a pattern established by numerous testing episodes in order to diagnose anything. Also, there is such a thing as cyclic Neutrophilia which simply stated says that there are times when white blood cell counts increase and decrease and no particular reason for it is known. Again, specific testing on a regular basis over time would have to be done to actually diagnose a problem when the values are within a normal range.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread