It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 02:51 AM   #1
(female)

knaig HB User
Unhappy 4 colds in a year... uncommon?

I read so many conflicting statistics about how many colds you're "supposed" to have. I've had a lot more than I normally have this year. In fact, I've had four in less than 8 months. One was particularly bad.

Is it normal to have a "bad year" like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #2
(female)

Les44 HB User
Re: 4 colds in a year... uncommon?

I'm certainly having a similarly bad year. Have had 2 bouts with the flu and at least 4 colds since June! The last flu took 2 rounds of antibiotics, 2 types of inhalers and a pill for breathing before it all ended. This is definatley the worst year I've ever had. Gotten so I'm afraid to go anywhere, let alone shake someone's hand. My husband who never catches a cold, let alone the flu, had an incredibly bad flu that turned into one of the worst infections he's ever had.
So, I don't know if 4 colds in a year is uncommon, but I've certainly had my share. I think this has been an unusually bad year for illnesses all around.

Les

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User

I used to get colds only once a year, or every two years. Once I started getting stressed out a lot I got sick all the time. In Sept I found out I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (immune system is attacking my thyroid). I had eight colds between Dec 7th and the beginning of April. I was really wiped out. My regular GP said most people get 6-8 colds per year but I think that's crap - well, at least I never did til I got stressed out a lot (and the thyroid problem doesn't hep. I did hear at the doctor's office that there were tons of colds and flus this winter. I guess it depends on how strong your immune system is of course, and how much you're out and about.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaig
I read so many conflicting statistics about how many colds you're "supposed" to have. I've had a lot more than I normally have this year. In fact, I've had four in less than 8 months. One was particularly bad.

Is it normal to have a "bad year" like this?
hiya do you have hashis?

Old 05-25-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused10 HB User

Does this condition affect your ability to fight something off once you havve it. I seem to catch things pretty easily, read some of the symptoms and I have some but I also have asthma and it alwasy seems to take me longer to get rid of things.

Closed Thread