It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
(male)

poppersoh7 HB User
what effects should you see from IVIG treatments

what positive results should you see from IVIG treatments and how soon after treatments begin. I have OCP

Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
(female)

jlbrow7 HB User
Re: what effects should you see from IVIG treatments

I have MS and I have the same questions. An IVIg nurse told me I would have a positive reaction in as little as 2-4 days or not at all. It depends on the person. Side effects are apparently flu-like symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

jlbrow7 HB User

I'm now wondering if I don't improve on IVIg; should I go with Tysabri? My neuro has mentioned it a few times to me as being a very aggressive med if all else fails.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:40 AM   #4
(female)

radioflyer_02 HB User

i have been getting IVIG for over 6 years now. Once a month since I started. The side effects vary from allergic reactions (treated with coritcosteroids/benedryl/saline). I get headaches a lot, but I also run mine fairly quick. I get 40 mgs in about 1.5 hours. But the benefits are amazing. I see results immediately from blood tests, but I feel crumby afterwards. But by the next day I feel marvelous. I do not see many negative things about IVIG, but again, it is person to person.

hope that helps

Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
(female)

jlbrow7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioflyer_02 View Post
i have been getting IVIG for over 6 years now. Once a month since I started. The side effects vary from allergic reactions (treated with coritcosteroids/benedryl/saline). I get headaches a lot, but I also run mine fairly quick. I get 40 mgs in about 1.5 hours. But the benefits are amazing. I see results immediately from blood tests, but I feel crumby afterwards. But by the next day I feel marvelous. I do not see many negative things about IVIG, but again, it is person to person.
hope that helps
Radioflyer - your experience really interests me. I have had very good results from the IVIg infusions I've had, but I'm wondering if there would be even more benefit to running them through more quickly (I get 20 mg/1 hour)? Any ideas?

Old 02-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #6
(female)

radioflyer_02 HB User

I would talk with your infusion lady/gentleman. I sometimes go into the 'shakes' from running it too fast, but again sometimes i don't. Depends on what and how much i have eaten that day sometimes too.

You can try it, my nurse lets me run as i please, unless my doc says otherwise, and now since I am pregnant, i am going to have to run it slower.

Hope this helps a bit, but I would recommend taking munches with you too. That way you have something to keep you occupied. I get hungry every time i do it.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
(female)

jlbrow7 HB User

The munchies hit me big time but the room where I have the infusions has bowls of stuff to keep me busy - salty, chocolate, sweet, dry, crunchy, moist, you name it. With all of the junk I eat my stomach would be fine; I'll see if a speedier infusion makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

Closed Thread