It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sparkles916 HB User
Low Globulin- Why Are my Drs not Interested?

On a recent blood test, my serum globulin was below range 2.1 (range (2.2-3.9). I also noted that my A/G ratio is at the top of the range 2.0 (1.0-2.1). Albumin is in range 4.2 (3.6-5.1).

This is the first time it seems that i have had such tests as part of a general blood test, so I decided to investigate what they signified.

I also have pretty low total protein 6.3 (6.2-8.3). Now my dr said that I must eat more protein. I have done for about a year, no difference. She thinks it is diet related.

She (integrative med) nor any other dr (regular gp; endocrinologist) I mentioned the globulin and A/G ratio to seemed concerned. I know there is a test called serum protein electrophoresus, which can show which globulin(s) are underproduced. I asked for it, but was turned down.

I am hypothyroid, and I read that this condition correlates with an elevated A/G ratio.

I am not satisfied that this is all there is to the story. I am doing better on thyroid meds, but my quality of life is still not what it should be. Whenever I overexert myself (busy days, strenouous exercise) I am on the verge of being sick the next days - my skin hurts, like before the flu, and I feel a bit flu like and have a bit of a sore throat and no energy. I am sick of being sick since I was a teen ager (now 20 +) years and would like to be able to exercise etc and get back in shape since the hypo gave me soooo much chronic fatigue.

Without my own research and persistence, I never would have been treated properly for my thyroid condition. I would like to determine if there is something here to follow up on, since I have no guidance from the medical community.

Any thoughts? Whom should I consult about this?

Last edited by sparkles916; 11-28-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Albumin range was incorrect. Since corrected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread