It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
(female)

puppybreath HB User
scalp sores

Hi everyone. I know this sounds gross or wierd but I have auto immune disease and wonder if the sores on my scalp have anything to do with it. They're sort of like pimples, but never come to a head, they're just sore and scabby. I've had them as long as I've had the aches and pains. Any opinion appreciated!

Old 07-15-2008, 02:30 AM   #2
(female)

marield1106 HB User
Re: scalp sores

I know exactly what you are talking about. I also have an autoimmune disease and I get the same sores...I assume they are related because I started getting them during the onset of all my other symptoms. I never had them before I was sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
(female)

puppybreath HB User

Hey, thanks for answering! I'm glad they're on my head cos my hair covers them up!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi, I have lyme, chlamydia pnumoniae bacteria, Eptstein barr, Cytomeglovirus, and a few other things...I also get sores on my head. I have found that getting Tea Tree Oil and using it on my scalp after I shampoo my hair has helped them go away. I put a couple cap full in about a cup of water and use it as a rinse. I leave it on...the smell goes away in an hour or so...Careful not to get it in your eyes.

I have also heard Neem helps....

Hope you find some relief

Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
(female)

puppybreath HB User

Thank you JoJo. I appreciate your advice & will let you know if I try it, how it turns out.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Hi....

I have autoimmune disease also, [it's thyroid], and I too have that scalp problem like you guys do. Feels real dry, little "scabs" that I can't help but pick. I hate it!! I know Tree Tea Oil is good for a lot of things and I'll give that a try too. Was wondering, [puppybreath] if you tried it yet??

Good luck..

Deda

The Following User Says Thank You to Deda For This Useful Post:
luv715 (02-20-2012)
Old 08-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
(female)

puppybreath HB User

I can't help picking either. No, I have not tried this tree oil. What is it?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

It's an oil from a tree (?) I suppose...and it's supposed to be useful for a lot of different things. It's an anti-fungal, antibacterial product also, [I think I read that before) I had tried it for yeast problems a few years back....and fungus on my toenail...they use it for all kinds of things and some people swear by it. They sell it at health food stores, Vitamin shops...I even see it at Walmart these days. Tomorrow morning when I wash my hair, I think I will try that TTO rinse...and just try it a few times and see if it helps. Nothing else has seemed to help. I'll let you know how it goes..

Deda

Old 09-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
(female)

auntjeansgirl HB User

My sister suffers from Lupus, Mom from thyroid issues. I had a thyroid issue a few years back. Normal now. All of my issues came after I had a pregnancy disease known as PUPPP. Thats the acronym for it. It was horrid, the itching and craziness for two months. Then every once in awhile I'd get a few crusty sores in my head for no reason. My father in law had folickulitis (sp) and said to try some of his cream. It was a no go. I've been check for diabetes, HIV, you name it I've been checked. Since it was nothing big I've had Nizoral thrown at me by physicians and thats it. Now my son who is almost 17 has started complaining of sores in his scalp. What can I do next? I'm going to try the tea tree oil but I'm tired of not being able to have my hair done because I'm embarrassed about these sores. My head feels like a bruised melon at times..it just hurts. I'm always worried I have a loose scab or something you could see. I'm so glad I found you all and that you understand.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

auntjeangirl--

Welcome. I know...my son, (34) has always had dry flaking scalp too, [like me]...well, since his high school days anyway. Even his eyebrows get it, and it definitely gets worse, [for both of us] in the winter months,.. [no sun?] I have noticed that being out in the sun seems to help it some. Mine used to just be a dry flaking scalp, but now has little scabby sores.

Anyway, about your pain on your scalp...the other night my scalp was really hurting, [from picking at it], I think it was Friday night...so I showered and washed my hair, conditioned it, and then poured the tree tea oil in a cup of water and poured that onto my scabby hurting scalp. I tell ya...it felt wonderful. It felt like, minty and cool, and all the soreness feeling was gone. It was very refreshing to say the least.

I used to use the tar shampoos, [long ago], but have read that they are not really good for our health, and in this new book that I'm reading about autoimmune disease, it says to avoid using it. (and a lot of other things) Will keep on trying natural things until I find something that works. I also read, [on another site], that drinking "oolong tea" helps it too...if you drink it regularly. I tried it, [it tasted icky yucky] but I didn't keep it up long enough to tell.

Let's all hang together until maybe we figure this thing out, okay?
Good luck~
Deda
PS~ I wouldn't be embarrassed to go get my hair done [and I do]. My hairdresser has autoimmune thyroid also,...and well...she knows people get these things. She said she has seen other people with it too. I really don't care what they think...my hair is clean and it looks good,...it's just my scalp that looks bad...but most people can't see it.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #11
(female)

sugarqueen HB User

Hello,My Hubby has horrible blister's on his scalp that ooze a greenish yellow pus,A dermatologist didn't seem to know what it is and my husband has been on Bactrim for a year to get rid of this mess and if he takes the Bactrim it's still there but not as bad but if he stops takeing it,It get's worse..
He's a Diabetic,Is on Coumadin and I feel sooo bad for him because it's painful and it looks horrible and we don't know what it is or how to get rid of it..

Any suggestion's ?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
(female)

JaneDoeToo HB User

I get small, very painful blisters on my scalp if I eat any type of fruit, vinegar, or acidic type food/drink. It took decades for me to figure this out - rather, to meet the right person to tell me what was happening. I still do not know why it happens, though. There is a book by Dr. Pagano, a chiropractor in NJ about psoriasis. He has a cookbook, too. I don't have psoriasis, but I found the book extremely helpful. He lists some herbal/root teas to use among other things.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
(female)

josh81587 HB User

I've been treated now for perhaps 6 years for eczema on my hands. This past summer it showed up on the bottoms of my feet. However, in talking with the dermatologist, I remembered that I get them around the hairline around my face, and sometimes it was in my eyebrows. It is real itchy and the kind you just want to dig at! What I try (because it's the easiest on my hair and I don't have to wash it out) is plain old Listerine. It is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and it will chase those spots away. My hands and feet are a different story!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have those on the back of my scalp and neck. They come and go. They are not there every month but sometimes once a month. They are like pimples that don't get a head. It's hard not to pick them. They get raised and are so irritating. I can't figure out while my scalp itches so much. Is the tea tree shampoo the best for this? Thanks!

Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
(female)

Trenity HB User

Hi, I have RA and I don't know if it has anything to do with it maybe I am allergic but when I get scalp sores I make sure I use fragrance free shampoo and it works within days. I now use the fragrance free shampoo/and conditioner. Another really excellent one is free and clear shampoo...really the best but you have to get that one online. you just keep using it exclusively and within a week...sores are gone. Sometimes I will dab some alcohol wipes on the sores, really helps to dry them up. Trenity

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-26-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread