It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2001, 07:25 PM   #1

damned32 HB User
Question High Immune System

I was wondering if anyone out there, other than myself, has a high immune system, high blood cell count? I RARELY get sick, my body fights off colds/flu's/infection's w/i a coulple days/ no more. [That is when I get them] Fuu's/ strep/ whatever, people I'm around that have it bad give it to everyone else, however, I never seem to catch anything, nor carrie it either. I'm thankful for this, but I am curious, Is there anyone else? I have never even had a cavity, broke a bone, nothin'--I mean, I get headaches, I am, like, blind damn near, but never sick. I'm only 25, very 'up' w/ thing's/ No reason why I have been so lucky w/ this particular thing. My only bad is Effexor withdrawl. Other than that, I'm healthy as a horse. What else might cause this???

Old 03-14-2001, 05:51 AM   #2

dreamer HB User
Hi there I had my spleen removed years back and the doctors told me I could die from a cold if things got really bad, and that my
immune system will be weak. Well I did get a cold for 10 years about (give or take) and I use to get them all the time before.
Interesting ...now I get them again
and get sick alot ) :

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2001, 11:42 PM   #3

littlesky HB User
Unhappy

I am fourty three years of age and I too have a over active immune system. I had a immune blood test done and found out it was four times greater than normal. I was diagnosed as having autoimmune disease of the inner ear. What ever that is. Ever since I was discharged from the military in 1984 I started experienceing allot of health problems like type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis in the cervical spine DJD or digenerative disk disease, peripheral nueropathy in the lower back, gastrointestenal disorder, bowel syndromes disease, numbness in my arms and legs, sinuse pains, and ringing in my ears just to name a few. It seemed like these symtoms got worse over time. From what I can gather is that I had a reaction to the numerous vaccinations the military gave me. Confusing my immune system into beleaving that it must fight off the toxins that entered my system. Unforunately its a no win battle and the result is that my immune system has been distroying my healthy tissues. the result is everthing I mentioned above. I too rarely catch a cold, but I live every day of my life feeling like I have the flu. Your still young and I hope you don't end up like me.

Old 04-27-2001, 11:45 PM   #4
Inactive

krisyd HB User
Hi Littlesky,
I too was in the military for 12 years( reserve). I got more shots than I can believe NOW I allowed mtself to get. I have three children that all reacted to immunizations. I believe that I may have played a role in that due to the possibility of wear and tear they took on my immune system, they same immune system that was supporting each of them for 9 months. In 1991 I was activated for Desert Storm, received more shots. A month into my stay at Philadelphia Naval Hospital, which is where I remained during the war, I got really sick. My blood sugar was constantly at 45-60, 100 being normal. I couldn't hold conversations, and often felt like I was going to pass out. I was hospitalized and released after a week. They told me I was hypoglycemic and over time it would either balance out or I may become diabetic. Well, 2 years later I had my first son. My hypoglycemia balanced out but my son was born immune compromised. He has a IgM dificiency. The first 4 years of his life were rough. He had chronic ear infections and sinus infections, tubes, tonselectomy ect. He is now going to be 8 and is doing fine but is still IgM compromised. My 3 year old has the autistic spectrum disorder, and my 9 month old had asthma. None of these illnesses run in either side of mine or my husbands family. I am convinced that all of my sons had vaccine reactions and for the last two boys they are injured with diseases that will impact every aspect of their lives. I am trying to find a cure for my 3 year olds intestine, which is damaged due to the vaccines he received. He is doing great on a special diet and supplements but I want a cure. I suggest for you to consider what I did with my son. See if you have a yeast overgrowth in your intestine and if so do a 6 month course of Nystatin(antifungal) followed by a probiotic like lactiobacillus. I bet you are suffering from a chronic yeast condition in your intestine which effects your entire body including illness symptoms and mood problems. Yeast is the #1 cause of chronic fatigue syndrome. I wish you the best, and hope you really check into this.

Old 06-20-2001, 08:59 AM   #5

potato59 HB User
TO DAMNED32....
PLEASE! I AM DESPERATE! Tell me exactly how you got your immune system in tip top shape as you have???? I get every virus or parasite in town just looking at lettuce or any food! Its frustrating! I am so tired of getting constant viruses! What is your diet like? What supplements or vitamins do you take if any? Please reply...thank you

Old 08-19-2001, 04:51 PM   #6

NW001 HB User
If I were you I wouldn't brag about it-you may get jinxed! I hope you don't though!

Old 05-28-2004, 12:31 AM   #7

EmeraldRaven HB User
Re: High Immune System

oh yeah, I have such a good immune system my doctor sometimes puts me on meds to suppress it. I haven't had a cold in about four or five years, but I get really bad allergies, which lead to sinus infections because my immune system goes completely haywire. Anyways I'm going through immunotherapy, and it's really starting to work, great improvement so far. So I can look forward to not having allergies (or at least just barely having them) and almost never getting ill. I also have hypothyroid, and used to always be extremely fatigued and out of it because of this. Oddly I have also always had a high heart rate, temperature, and lose weight very easily (unless taking medicine that causes the opposite to happen), not symptoms of a low thyroid. Thankfully my immune system hasn't been self destructive, beyond allergies, and my conditions are all improving a lot. Now if I would just eat right I could be in perfect health! Potato59, a lot of it is genetics, I don't do anything to get my immune system in tip top shape (again I sometimes take meds to lower it). Eating right, and excerising helps just about everything though. haha! Now I hope I'm not jinxed, oh well, I brag enough if I were going to be, I would be by now LOL. Of course going to the doctor is also a good idea for any problem.

Old 06-13-2004, 03:40 AM   #8

LivefortheDay HB User

I also have not had a cold for years and years. In the past, colds only lasted 2 days maximum. I've never had flu, never had any problems at all. My diet for most of this time was:

chocolate
cola
crisps
chips
biscuits
cakes
pizza

Despite my diet being utter crap, I've always been very slim / thin. I never do any exercise, but on the rare occasions when I am coerced into playing sport, I find I can go faster and longer than any of my friends (who always exercise).

The only thing I do differently from other people seems to be my eating habits. I never eat unless my body needs food. Some days this means I might eat a couple of apples (yes, that's all), other days I might eat loads of pizza, chips, etc. I never stick to mealtimes. I treat food as energy, not as entertainment!

Last edited by LivefortheDay; 06-13-2004 at 03:51 AM.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
(male)

immunityman HB User

I have had this condition all of my life. I have problem with medicines, vaccinations and shots. Once I had menigitus and it went away in a couple of days. If I excercise I am ok but if I do not I get hyper and have headaches like I feel really weak and confused in my brain. Sometimes I feel really high like super man. It can be like being bipolar but the bipolar medicines do not work

Closed Thread