It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2003, 08:47 AM   #1

RioSwimmer HB User
Question I keep getting sick...

I dont know if if i have a weak immune system or something...But i have gotten sick 3 times in the past 3 months. It just seems like too many colds in so little time. the 1st one came around Dec. 22, then i got sick again about 2 weeks ago. Then i was well for about a week, and now here i am again, sick at home with the chills soar throat and coughing. I have had a history of asthma and i dont know if this could cause this. But why do i catch everyones colds? I'm really sick and tired of this, and it takes about more than a week to go away. I cant stop coughing.
How do i build up my immune system?? Does taking vitamin C really help??? please help! *cough cough*

Old 02-16-2003, 03:59 PM   #2
Inactive

Emsybobs HB User
I would also like to know what could build up my immunity. Anyone heard of Olive Leaf extract for immunity?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2003, 10:13 PM   #3

DoeRaeMe HB User
This sounds like my household this year. Normally we will each get a cold most winters and sometimes not at all. My son has been symptom free for a week and now tonight he started coughing and has all the signs of a cold coming on again. This is his third round since Christmas and he had a flu shot this year. I wonder if that's part of the problem. I am well this week but I've had two colds that each lasted three weeks. I was just today feeling so happy about not having to buy the store out of kleenex this week. Now I'm wondering if I need to prepare for round three. We've been very good with our diet and increased Vitamin C and taking B vitamins, getting plenty of rest, but it hasn't seemed to help. We can barely manage the work, sleep, food routine let alone the fatigue that goes along with this. I've talked to several people lately that say they have been going through the same thing and that it's not normal for them to have so many colds either. I wonder what's up with all this????

Old 04-15-2003, 05:48 AM   #4

marillion HB User
Smile

Hi everyone,I'm new here but read a couple of symptoms here that I also had...and I wonder if I might help with my own experience...My immune was also very weak (in fact my doctor said it should introduce itself, so that people could recognise it existed)...
I got the flu and was ALWAYS sick...coughing, sneezing, whatever...until I found a "medicine"...it's an extract from the liver of sharks but I cannot tell you the name since I'm Hungarian and I guess you have different names for the same medicines.
But it really helped and no matter who's sick around me, I haven't caught anything for years!!!
Well,take care and have a speedy recovery...forever ;o)

Old 04-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #5

sprout HB User
Rio,

You stated that you have asthma. Are you currently taking medications for your asthma? I ask this because many of the medications for asthma have a tendency of weakening the immune system. At least, that is what I have been told by three different doctors.

As for ways to strengthen your immune system. There are several. First, look at your diet and make sure that you are eating things that are considered healthy. Second, make sure you are drinking plenty of juices and water. Try to avoid caffeine and sugar loaded drinks. Third, take a multi-vitamin that provides you with 100% of the recommended daily allowance of each. While I am sick, I double my dosage of the multivitamin to help fight off the illness. Garlic and echinacea are two other supplements that I take. They seem to work very well and when I am not sick, it seems to take alot more for me to actually catch something. And finally, try to make sure that you are getting enough sleep. Try to set a schedule for sleep and stick to it. The consistancy will go a long way to helping you stay balanced.

Good luck to you,

sprout

Closed Thread