It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
(female)

zoegrace1 HB User
ANA Speckled pattern

Can you have a posisive ANA Speckled pattern and nothing be wrong? Would inflammation caue this? Why do physicians want to dismiss the results of ANA and seem to indicate it means nothing? I have had two high results with many symptoms assosiated with auto immune disease. One rheumatologist told me it was fibromialga after 10 minutes of seeing me for the first time. I am worried. My results were 1:640 speckled pattern and 1:320 speckled pattern.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
(female)

beth67 HB User
Re: ANA Speckled pattern

I had a weakly positive ana last fall and my doctor dismissed it. Found out today that I have celiac disease which is an autoimmune disease. I pretty much diagnosed myself and asked my doctor specifically for a celiac panel. Can't believe how long I've felt bad and all the while my intestines were being attacked my my own body. I would insist upon your doctor to do more tests. I had doctors who said I just had fibromyalgia and wanted to put me on meds but with a lot of research on my part I figured out on my own what was wrong. Can't always trust the doctors to figure it out for you. Good luck.

Beth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
(female)

caty4u HB User
Smile Re: ANA Speckled pattern

To anyone having inflammation issues--please look to your GI tract for answers. Most of the immunity in the body relates back to a healthy or unhealthy gut. If you have food allergies like gluten or gliadin, you will likely have Graves disease, Hashimotos, or other thyroid issue. All of this and you may have no GI symptoms that you consider abnormal. I am one of these people. It starts with little things like low thyroid, then higher cholesterol, asthma, skin problems, hair loss, change in mucus membranes--like gums, vagina, eyes, etc., muscle soreness, arthritis, and so on. If left undiagnosed and untreated, you may be looking at lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, MS, cancer and worse. It has taken me four years of real effort and many different MDs to finally know that I am gluten intolerant and casein intolerant and have many other food allergies that possibly could have been avoided if this diagnosis could have been made earlier. Apparently this is the usual for gluten intolerance as it just is not on the radar of most physicians. I have brought my thyroid numbers back in line with the addition of T3 and a gluten-free diet. Don't let any MD tell you that you do not need any T3 added to your T4. They should at least give you a trial of low dose T3. It does not have to be porcine (pig) derived either. Many compounding pharmacies can make a sustained release T3 so you don't get the "hyper" feeling of Armour T3. I did stool testing and blood testing to find my GI problems. In addition to a leaky gut, there was at least one parasite that I took antibiotics for. On the third day of antibiotic treatment, I got my energy back. No longer was I having to make myself walk up a hill and feeling exhausted. A sick gut makes you more prone to parasites and yeast overgrowth. Find a "functional" medicine MD and they should work on finding the sources of your problems--not just treating the symptoms that will get ever worse and require more and more medication. Good luck. Check out any of Mark Hymans books. He is a functional medicine MD and is the best that I have found at communicating how the gut and immune system work in symphony. Yeast overgrowth should also be considered in any immune disease. If you are sugar, carb addicted, prone to vaginal yeast infection, nail fungus, and may have feelings of lethargy one to two hours after eating, think yeast! Good luck! Cat

Old 05-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #4
(female)

paperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB User

Yes, you can have a positive ANA and nothing wrong. But a positive ANA at 1:320 or 1:640 MUST be investigated further. The ANA test is the first line testing and if it comes back positive you should have further testing done. The ENA panel should be ordered. This tests for MCTD, Sjogrens, Lupus and other connective tissue disease. Have you had CRP, Sed Rate and RF tested? I'd say, without a doubt, get a second opinion!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
(female)

ammola HB User

Hi,

My name is Amal.

I have the same problem I just recieved the results yesterday. positive ANA+ speckled pattern with high erythrocyte sedimentation rate
my doctor ordered the ds-DNA and other test. he consider the results positive and I am worry ... thinking of having lupus or other disease
Can't sleep

I get urticaria if I expose to any kind of heat including sun and now i have dry eye and allergy to light

Closed Thread