It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

aprilmae HB User
Red face ANA 1:640 Discrete Speckled Help!

I have been dealing with heart and lung doctors for years due to an excessively high heart rate on exertion and lower than normal diffusion of the lungs. A month ago my cardiologist did another echo and saw that the left side of my heart was becoming stiff/rigid and my EF is 50. Not good.. I should mention i am 33 and otherwise very healthy and fit. So the doc ran some standard blood tests for diseases that can cause restrictive heart disease. The ANA test came back at 1:640 discrete speckled pattern *which means i was chromosome positive*. I was immediately seen by a Rhematologist who looked at me and said you look healthy, I dont believe in blood tests... then he proceeded to take 7 vials of blood. He said i think your heart is just that.. an issue with your heart. I have to wait 3 weeks for the blood test results which they will mail to me. Ok so my question is.. does anyone else have a high ANA discrete speckled pattern where symptoms are internal only? Is there something else that can cause such a high ANA... Any information would be greatly appreciated... I have searched the internet constantly but i need some real answers. thanks

Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: ANA 1:640 Discrete Speckled Help!

None of the autoimmune disease bloodtests are a pass/fail type, they all need to be interpreted in the presence of symptoms and patient history.

Your ANA can change, bloodtest to bloodtest. So your next one may come back low - it sounds like that's what your rheumy's expecting.

And 1:640 is high enough for the docs to consider Lupus but it's not super high.

"I dont believe in blood tests... then he proceeded to take 7 vials of blood." - ROTFL! Yup, that's a rheumatologist for ya. Wait till he says he doesn't believe in x-rays . . . you'll leave the office glowing with radiation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
(female)

aprilmae HB User

funny thanks for the laugh... waiting for the further tests is just very frustrating. I just really need to know what is damaging my heart.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
(female)

pambyboo HB User

This could be me! I too have all your symptoms...I am assumed to have lupus and Behcets disease (vasculitis), and anti-phospolipid syndrome. My last ECHO showed mild left atrial enlargement, and my EF is 52%. Do you also have hypothyroidism?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #5
(female)

aprilmae HB User

I do not have any thyroid issues. The rhematologist dismissed me and says i am fine. My cardiologist has sent me to a holistic doctor who he says has healed many of his heart patients. The holistic guy says that he thinks I have a virus in my heart. He has me on 42 different pills a day and claims that in 6 months there will be no damage and i would be capable of running if i wanted to. I hope this guy is as good as he claims. I will keep you posted!

Closed Thread