It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
(male)

sdj2831 HB User
Unhappy so confused...

first off let me give u a little history of myself. im only 20 yrs old (male). lived a pretty normal life. when i turned 16 i started taking a lot of drugs... a lot of adderall a lot of sleepless nights and have been doing so up until recently prolly 6 months or so. ive drank a lot... a lot in the mornings... all the time. every day. had permiscuous sex all the time. play in a band that travels a lot. ive been to the doctor/er prolly a total of 10-15 times for my symptoms which i'll list below. it really sucks because i dont have health insurance right now since i'm not back in school yet. but i went for a physical the first time and told my doctor i would like to have some std testing... i had a ghonorrhea test, chlamydia, aids test. only one that came back positive was chlamydia... took the pills for a week figured it would be better. keep in mind i wasn't even going to the doctor cuz i thought i had an std.

symptoms:
itchy head - little bumps look like pimples - doctor said was folliculitis
headaches all the time
apparently i have a few swollen lymph nodes. i only know of 1 the doctor said he felt a few around my neck and ears. the one that i can feel in my neck is pretty soft not hard. buyt my neck is stiff a lot.
hands/fingers!!!! - this is the one that hurts the most. i play guitar and this sucks. at first i noticed a bump on my left thumb its not that big just figured it was swollen. my whole hands always feel so sensitive to touch now! to my guitar they feel so weird and almost hurts to play now. it hurts to type. my fingers are numb and they look swollen and my hands have been some weird colors of red and white lately
-tongue looks really weird/kind of hurts... doctors said was thrush from antibitotics.
- getting hard to swallow
-overall just pain everywhere

i have no clue what to do now... the theyve done a cat scan of my head, x ray of my chest, ekg, some blood tests. really i think my doctor is an idiot but i dont know what else to do! my hands are shaking right now as im typing. they shake all the time... hurts in my fingers real bad.

can anyone point me in the right direction maybe??? could i have an immune disorder from poisoning my body so much? i mean im only 20 but im sure its possible... my doctor just doesn't think i could have any kind of cancer or immune disorder idk if its cuz i dont have insurance that he doesnt want to test me or what but im clueless... any help is so appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: so confused...

I'd suggest you see a rheumatologist. Rheumy's treat autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, raynaud's disease and reactive arthritis.

Given your age and history I think you should tested for reactive arthritis (ReA) at the very least. It's arthritic reaction to an infection, often occuring in young men after a STD infection.

Here's an info page:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000440.htm

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 08-21-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
(male)

Jason59 HB User
Re: so confused...

I'm getting those pimple things on my head too, but it all started after i got this sort of cramping in my neck and head which was very painful. I'm getting a bunch of other symptoms like pain in my back and shoulders, diarhea, and fatigue. I also started getting these blood filled blisters in my mouth. For me all these things started happening about the same time. I was wondering if you have any of these symptoms?

Closed Thread