It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
I am confused on symptoms

Hi all, I still dont know what is wrong with me...now my pancreas has been inflammed since feb which scares the heck out of me as my dad died of pancan last yr-so far my scans have been clear, have a follow up EUS next wk. My other symptoms remain but come in waves and are not as strong as they were when they started, though that was a very stressful time in my life so maybe that made it worse.

I spoke to my cousin and found out she has Behcets, and she thinks our great grandfather had an AI disease. Are AI diseases hereditary?

All my ana's, sed rates, etc have been clear--but why am I having all these other odd things go on in my body?

Old 10-16-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
(female)

Angelaaa HB User
Re: I am confused on symptoms

Hi There

Yip, it does seem that AI are heredity . . . a very scary thought !

The presumption goes that you inherit the susceptibility to develop the AI, an an environmental trigger set’s off the actual disease. With a large majority of AI diseases, they cannot actually pinpoint what causes it.

Let me give you the example of my family:

My son was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis at the age of 2, 6 months later his father was diagnosed with Cronhs disease. My hubby’s great grandmother has RA as well as one of his cousins, his sister has eczema (which not an autoimmune disease so to speak, but it’s an allergy which is a wacked immune response anyway) . . .
Both my son and hubby that have AI diseases also have allergies to numerous things . . .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread