It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
High igm serum

Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone here has any idea what a VERY high igm serum would indicate? I've posted on other boards but no one seems to have a clue. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
(male)

sicily HB User
Re: High igm serum

hi you dont seem to say sufficient information , can you tell your blood igm report , igms are immunoglobulins or simply proteins that are in blood , if u post u r report might be able to answer u better . god bless

herpes 1, CMV , EBV , HZV i harbour all of these got from varied of ppls very sad about this pray to god to forgive and relieve me of these

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

I think most often it's a sign of infection, past (within the last year or two) or present, like mono, Epstein-Barr or Lyme disease.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Hello and thanks so much for taking the time to reply! I am happy to have a clue at least. One doctor did tell me it could be from an infection and I had had shingles a few months earlier however - This was 4 years ago and the igm continues to rise instead of fall. It is now at 962 when the norm is from 48-271 so quite high. I did have mono but that was when I was 14 - I'm 41 now so loooong time ago. So - if it is infection related then does that mean it's active all this time and getting worse? I had lyme testing done also and all negative.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

An elevated IgM is not from an infection long ago, it is from a current or recent infection. Your Doctor needs to look deeper. You need to be checked for Hepatitis A and B, also checked for autoimmune problems. See a good Allergist Immunologist is you are already not seeing one. How are you feeling? Have you had any vaccinations lately? It can be a sign of many things but it depends on symptoms and what is going on with you. Have you had a blood transfusion lately or any plasma product like IGIV?

Good luck, Oleander

Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Hi oleander - I am being referred to an immunologist and as for how I feel well......... I feel awful. I do have Fibromyalgia but have had it for a long time. I recently (last year or so) began experiencing symptoms though that I am having a hard time believing are all from fibro.

I have terrible joint pain and sometimes swelling. About 6 weeks or so ago my fingers on my left hand went numb as well as very painful if that even makes sense? This lasted weeks and then got numbness in lower spine that spread to inner thigh and feeling like warm water being poured on my foot (this was very strange) Also severe dizziness, blurred vision (left eye - in fact everything was on left side) Most embarrasing was leaking urine!
I did have some blood work a while back that does seem to point to something autoimmune -

Anti-nuclear AB - positive
Anti - nuclear AB titer - high
ANA pattern - speckled
At this time doctors said having these tests come back positive just weren't enough for any specific diagnosis. I stopped trying because it was terribly frustrating but now here I am a couple of years later with no answers and feeling worse so just need to get myself to the immunologist first I guess. It's hard to start this all over again.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. You definately sound like you have something autoimmune going on.

I have Hashimoto's thyroid Disease and Deliac Disease. I also have a milk allergy. It took about 8 years to figure out the Hashi's, I have only known about the celiac for 6 months and milk allergy one year. I have probably had these all of my life.

It is so frustrating to feel sick and not be able to figure it out. Then the Doctors treat you like a hypo because they are at a loss... It is hard.

A really good Endocrinologist figured out what was going on with me. He was from Iceland but now has gone back home. He was about the 10th Doctor I had seen. If I had to do it over I would see a good Immunologist and Allergist that is familiar with Autoimmune disorders.

Just so you know some of my symptoms

If I eat gluten
Tingling arms and legs
sore joints, especiall fingers, wrists and toes
Skin painful to touch
Depression
Fatigue
Nausea very mild
rumbling stomach
discomfort in my rt upper stomach aches
severe diarrhea
fogginess and forgetfulness
Distended and hard upper abdomen
itchy knees, shins and hands

Just to give you an idea.. I eat almost 100% raw and vegetarian. No dairy and no gluten. it is not easy but it has made a huge difference in how I feel. I exercise every day of some type.

....... Oleander

Old 02-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Wow, you also have alot going on! Glad to hear you finally got diagnosed and treated. I just don't get what takes so long and it's half the reason I give up.

I forgot to answer a few of your questions - sorry. As for blood transfusions - no never had one, never had any plasma product either. I have had a couple of vaccines - I had pneumonia vaccine about 2 years ago, TB test and flu vaccine in Oct. of this year. They don't seem to work on me though as I have had both a couple of times since. They also don't seem to work on my son and we both suffer side effects so I think I'm gonna stop those. My doc has referred me to an immunologist - now I just have to go.

I'm curious as to why you ask about vaccines?
Hope you're not feeling too bad today!

Closed Thread