It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #16
(female)

Cole123 HB User
Re: vitamin d deficiency

Hey again!
I hope you are feeling better these days. I have had Graves' Disease (currently in remission and raynaud's phenomenon (which is very common).
The joint swelling remains a "mystery" at this point. Take care!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #17
(female)

Irisheyez82 HB User
Re: vitamin d deficiency

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9000 View Post
has everyone who has autoimmune problems been tested for vitamin d deficiency?

i'm curious about the relationship between autoimmune and vitamin d deficiency. A lot of people i talk to who have a autoimmune disease and that have tested their Vit D find out they have a vit d deficiency. Vit D deficiency can cause fatigue and pain and other symptoms.

i've suspected that what is going on with me may be auto-immune and I have had a vitamin d deficiency for a couple years now. I don't know why i have a vit d deficiency - i get enough sun and i eat enough foodstuffs with vit d. I will go on 50,000 for 6 weeks and then my Vit D goes into the normal range but then if i test 5 months later my Vit D has dropped down into deficiency levels.

my question is what could be zapping my Vit D. It may be an autoimmune thing.

so has everyone tested their vit d?

alex-
I have hyperthyroidism but they have never said I had Graves disease, though it is a serious possibility. I have however started taking Vit D recently because my level was low when they tested it last time. I think 24 or so. My mom's was at a 4 and she has Rheumatoid Arthritis. There could be a relation......hmmmmmm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread