It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
weak immune system

How are you tested for a weak immune system through blood work? I had an ANA test done and not sure if anything else needs to be looked at. I ordered/paid for it online so I'm doing it myself and not seeing a doctor. I have had quite a few positive ANA's before (1:320 homogenous), but I don't think I had antigens to Lupus however. Was told I had an auto-immune dysfunction and chronic fatigue syndrome and that would make me sick the rest of my life, I am trying to find out if my immune system is weakened right now because I keep getting repeated infections making me sick sick. I had one negative ANA and this testing was dismissed from another doctor because of, and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. My rhemy said I had early stages of Lupus but my current dr said it's Fibro. I don't go to the rhemy anymore or the person who diagnosed the CFS. But I don't care of looking at a particular disease, I want to find out exactly how my immune system is functioning? Can you do that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: weak immune system

My ANA direct came back positive. I believe this test is supposed to be more reliable than the old ANA test. An autoimmune disease will cause chronic fatigue, and I have it so bad, yet I don't think I had tested positive before for any specific antigens. But I can tell my immune system isn't doing all that great. This is the only test I could think of to do, to check my immune system. And I am thinking if I test positive on the old test and this one both, something may be wrong? Or could I be wrong about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread