It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
(male)

ltmccarty HB User
low antibodies IgG. IgM, IgA

I have been tested and tracked for low immunity for several years. Specifically, Low IgG, low IgA, Low IgM [at about 60% of the minimum value in range for the test]. IgG subclass 1,2,3 are about low. IgG subclass 4 is just into normal range since to vacinations I have taken. I am told by the Docs at UofP that I don't follow standards of known diseases and I don't get sick chonically, although I do have asthma & sinus problems for which I take meds. I have been told CVID but I do not fit correctly; I am not getting IgG infusions.

By compiling my medical records and blood tests over the years, my globulin test has been showing low for at least 15 years. Comforting to know things are not changing in rapid fashion.

UofP docs did research tests on me for the B cell function. I am told that my antibodies don't convert 100% to full "maturity". In other word, most people make buckets of antibodies and I make thimbles full when challenged. This seems to be enough most of time to keep me from chronic sickness.

Interestingly I am one of 8 children in the family and we have a large family. No one has what I have to my knowledge. Each kid has somethings unusally in their blood [eg low white blood count, anemia]. One sister died in recent years from Lymphomia as complication of Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia [high IgM].

I have been worked up to assess for cancer of various types and found no thing obvious. Doctors suggests track and monitor for changes.

Currently testing Quant. IgG, IgA, IgM; IgG SubClasses IgG1, IgG2, IgG3, IgG4; Pneumococcal Antibodies [14 serotypes] post vacination; Haemophilus Influenza IgG antibody.

Should we be looking more broad spectrum as a tracker, such as calcium levels, M-proteins or other?

Based on my readings of journals and posts, I have not heard of anyone who has referenced a similar medical condition to my surprise. Is anyone on the message board aware of similar condition. I would like to discuss.

Last edited by ltmccarty; 04-18-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: additional info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ltmccarty For This Useful Post:
Kizzyliz (05-18-2012), threeauto (08-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread