It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
(male)

chromewrench HB User
igm low and iga subclass 2

I am a 47yo male and have been having issues for a long time. it seems now that i am finding out that i am sick with something that noone really knows about.
i have low igm level 20...with low igg levels subclass 2
so now i am waiting for a appointment with shands or mayo clinic. waiting for my dr to set this up..

i have been having alot of sore and not working joints..extreme fatigue..tons of sinus and thrush infections...sudden and disappearing rashes..

been doing blood work and labs for over a year now..

anyone else out there with low igm?

Last edited by chromewrench; 04-22-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kelli1b HB Userkelli1b HB User
Re: igm low and iga subclass 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromewrench View Post
I am a 47yo male and have been having issues for a long time. it seems now that i am finding out that i am sick with something that noone really knows about.
so now i am waiting for a appointment with shands or mayo clinic. waiting for my dr to set this up..

i have been having alot of sore and not working joints..extreme fatigue..tons of sinus and thrush infections...sudden and disappearing rashes..

Hi, no one has responded yet so I thought I would welcome you. This is a great place to get help and advice. I have IgM <20, IgA <25 and IgG is up to 700. I used to get sick ALOT (I have CVID). Used to just get bronchitis about 7x's a year, then got bronchitis, sinus infection and ear infections all at once like 6 x's per year. Now I receive IVIG and life is better. Good luck and hang in there

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User
Re: igm low and iga subclass 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromewrench View Post

I was tested two years ago for my immunoglobulins when I was having some health problems. I had a IgG deficiency although they never did the subclasses on me. I also had very low IgM I forget the number but it was just off of a deficiency. Something like a 2.0-8.0 range and I was like 2.2.. the numbers are totally made up as I dont have my patient copy and don't want to look for it but you get the idea.

My family doctor and this other integrative doctor didn't know what was up with my oral pain, lymph node pain and all these other symptoms. I even went to the emergency and told me it was something autoimmune and gave me prednisone and sent me home that only made me feel anxious and worse and unable to sleep. finally I saw a ENT who prescribed me strong antibiotics clindamycin and clarithromycin for 5-6 weeks and the oral pain went away as well as the lymph node pain I was left with severe fatigue and other issues but I worked through it.

my Iga was fine I should note. I've had horrible sinus problems all my life I had to get sinus surgery and get allergy shots once a week just to have any resembelance of normalcy.

I was also very prone to cold sores I would eat almond butter or nuts and I would have to take lysine pill or else I'd get a cold sore the next day. Also during very hot summers 30+ degrees celcius for weeks I would get chronic cold sores as well.

I also have some skin conditions like sebborhea and exfolitive cheilitis, the peeling lower lip is almost like an overreacting of my immune system.

I recently got sick ARS type symptoms and now I no longer have to take lysine pills when eating foods high in arginine I just don't get a cold sore there is something going on with my immune system that's for sure. I've also had a elevated white blood cell count specifically neutrophils for quite a few weeks here since getting all these symptoms.

Last edited by missingyou; 06-29-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Closed Thread