It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
behcets....eye inflammation??

hi im just curious to what sort of eye inflammation would bechets cause?
i have blepharitis whic i think is just inflammation of the eyelids,could this be a symptom of bechets ??? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: behcets....eye inflammation??

No. The eye inflammation from Bechets(and most of the other inflammatory arthritic disorders)is inflammation of the actual eyeball itself. It affects your ability to see and some can cause blindness.

I have anterior uveitis and optic nerve neuropathy from rheumatoid arthritis and it makes my vision wavy, sometimes disappearing to the right and sometimes even the center disappears. Depends on how bad the inflammation is and how disrupted the blood flow to the optic nerve is. Bechets is even worse and has multiple problems with inflammation of different parts of the eye such as the retina.

Be glad you only have trouble with your eyelids. As uncomfortable as it can be(I also have dry eyes and know the trouble you're having)it beats wondering if you'll wake up blind one morning.

Take care..............Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread