It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User
Question Methotrexate successful?

Has anyone ever had methotrexate work? I mean has onyone ever had it help pain of any of the Immune Disorders? All I ever hear is the horrors never any thing saying how it stopped pain. I am giving myself a shot every Monday and do not really have severe side effects yet but I am early in the tritration being just at .7ml. I would like to hear some say it worked!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Methotrexate successful?

I take methotrexate along with a biologic drug for rheumatoid arthritis and it does work. I've tried the biologic without it and it didn't work nearly as well and combined with the MTX. But I've also done MTX alone and it didn't work that well alone. I also inject .7mls/week. Depending on what you have they usually top you put a 1ml/week. At least that is what my rheumatologist says about long term MTX treatment.....too dangerous to go above 1mg(25mgs)/week.

I've been taking MTX in some combination or alone for 5 years. I had side effects when I took the pill form but it's been great injected. No side effects except I get tired the day of the injection.

So as fat as I'm concerned, I'll be taking MTX for life if needed. It works especially in combination with another drug.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User
Re: Methotrexate successful?

I do not "qualify" for any of the biologics, which I would like to try. You would think vasculitis would be approved but it isn't. I have OA, not RA and my other diseases don't qualify either as far as insurance is concerned. There are studies but they will take a long time. Thanks for the encouragement.

Closed Thread