It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

ikemolly22 HB User
Frustrated, RF and Histone ABs but no ANA?

Hoping someone out there has some advice. Here is what I have going on:
RF is 117 and rising
ANA - Neg (tested 3 times)
been tested for the other standard antibodies (antiSM, etc) - all negative
Histone AB - 2.2
Mean platelet count slightly low
EBV antibody positive (Ebstein-Barr)
Rhuemy confirmed Fibro diagnosis - as I had all 18 tender points.
He first suspected RA and Sjorgrens and gave me a steroid shot. Three weeks later, when I returned to say that I was still in pain, he dismissed me and said it was "just" Fibro - referred me to some sports medicine DR. and a psychiatrist. NICE! Side note: I had him take me out of work and he acted as if I was just trying to get out of working.
I also have ADHD, BiPolar and Anxiety.
Symptoms:
Pain! shoulders, elbows, right wrist, BACK! I get strange sharp pains in many place in my body that last for only a few minutes, like in a finger, or toe, or in my knee. There is no pattern or way of predicting.
Extreme fatigue, memory loss, dizziness (blood pressure drops when I go from a seating position to standing)
dry, irritated eyes, dry mouth, frequent urination (like every 30 mins)
little sores in my mouth, feel like canker sores
hands and feet always cold, signs of minor Raynauds (get a bluish tint)
gastro symptoms, pain in upper abdomen
occasional feeling of pressure on my throat. A few years ago, had ultrasound on my thyroid and showed tiny cyst or something, but nothing that would cause this pressure. Thyroid hormones have been normal.

I am not nor have I ever taken any meds that would cause Drug Induced Lupus. I know that these symptoms I have are not being caused by anxiety / depression! I am so sick of doctors being lazy and attributing everything to psychological issues! I have an appt. with a new Rhuemy on September, but I am not holding out a lot of hope that he will help. I have now lost my job and fighting to get my short / long term disability. This has been a nightmare! Any help and / insight would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread