It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
(male)

mountain14 HB User
chronic swollen lymph nodes

I have a series of chronic swollen lymph nodes in my groin due to foreign body inflammation from a inguinal hernia surgery in OCT 2007. They have been swollen for a period of 2.5 yrs give or take. Apparently my body is trying to remove an internal stitch that is causing inflammation and of course it can't because it is sown in place. I can opt to have it removed. I would like to avoid surgery as the hernia was asymptomatic before and now I have all kinds of symptoms so I am not very trusting of surgical procedures. Question: If I leave it alone, will this have a major effect on the overall health of my body, immune system, etc? I assume lymph nodes should be reserved for fighting normal things like infection and not chronically swollen and working overtime to remove something that won't go away. Will this effect my long-term health as I get older, make me more prone to sickness, etc. I am 32 yrs old otherwise healthy, active male. Thanks.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Chronic swollen lymph nodes mountain14 General Health 0 08-10-2010 10:48 AM
OH NO, Swollen Lymph Nodes after pos, I need help, thanks blessedchild HIV Prevention 7 06-17-2007 05:56 PM
any remedies for swollen lymph nodes from new hiv infection? thanks blessedchild General Health 4 06-08-2007 01:40 AM
"Permanently" Swollen Lymph Nodes? mz_barnacle Lymphomas 4 01-08-2006 06:55 PM
chronic swollen lymph nodes serpentgirl Allergies 4 10-01-2004 10:48 AM