It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

creatinglux HB User
Exclamation Positive anti-dsdna test

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and i hope to get some useful answers at least for now until i go to another doctor. Honestly, i'm freaking out a little so if you guys could help, it would be great.

I am 23 weeks pregnant now with my second child and i recently went to the doctor for a routine check up. Before i go on, i just want to say that my first pregancy had no complications up until my due date. I was induced because my sons heart rate did a couple of rapid drops.
So at my visit 2 weeks ago, first they told me there was blood in my urine. Then my doctor was checking the baby and said that he noticed the heart rate slow down for a couple of seconds. He did a full check up on my also because i have been complaining of sever muscle spasms in my stomache when i make any rapid movements. He also checked if i was having contractions but i wasn't. It's too early for me to be induced or for anything to be done at all, so the doctor took a lot of blood and told me to take a baby asprin everyday. He also sent me to do a full abdominal sonogram to check my gullbladder, liver, kidneys stomache, etc..
Yesterday i came back to find out my test results. Unfortuanley his retarded front desk girls never sent my urine out so we have no idea why i had blood in it. I did not have blood in my urine this time around. The abdominal sono came back normal. the only thing that they did find wrong with me is that i came back positive for ANTI-DSDNA with a level of 24. It says that a 10.0 and above is considered positive.
I'm freaking out because my doctor didn't really explain what the hell the test means except that my body is attacking the dna.

Can someone please explain the following?
Is my baby affected in any way by this result?
Is my body attacking my baby or my own body?
Besides Lupus what else can i be? I don't have lupus, I'm a 23 year old russian girl from brooklyn, my chances of getting lupus are really tiny as far as i understood it.
Also, i have been exposed to Hep C many years ago but my viral load is almost non existant, my doctor said that the test result might be because of that.

Is there any chance that it's nothing at all?

Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread