It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

help wanted :( HB User
Autoimmune issue?

Hi guys... hopefully you can give me some answers.

Im 23, ive been ill for 10 years plus. I lived with it for most of my childhood untill i got to the point where it obviously wanst right and i needed help, my condition has deteriorated over my life and i am now at the point where i just cannot go on.

I started seeing my doctor about 3 years ago to try and figure out what was wrong with me. They have diagnosed me with CFS, IBS, Anxiety, depression and chronic sinusitis.

Now, i just do not accept that as i diagnosis. Is it not incredibly coincidental that i have all these conditions which have no direct cause and no cure. I also have symptoms that have not been accounted for. I think they are missing something.. my doctor will only ever do basic tests and will not look into things further.

I suspect thyroid or autoimmune problems. I also suspect yeast/candida/fungal issues but doctors refuse to even consider this.

So my question is.. how do i go about ruling out autoimmine issues? Ive had all basic bloodwork and everything is normal except i have had an abnormal Iga result... could this inidicate auto immune issues? As far as i know the result was high. Also my ferritin is always low normal..around 20.

Would an ANA test be enough to rule out autoimmune issues? MY doctor is always relectant to do any tests or try anything, basically want me to live like this.

symptoms are as follows...

Fatigue - always tired, no problems getting to sleep but cannot get up in the morning. Feel tired even after 10 hrs sleep... weak, dizzy.. even walking upstairs makes me out of breath.

Stomach always rumbling/churining up, always hungry, get really bloated after eating anything, need to go to the loo after eating a meal, go to the loo a lot anyway - no cause found.

Anxiety/depression casued by being ill so many years. social anxiety, panic attacks if not on anti depressants.. difficulty finding words, blushing, forget things all the time.

Constant chornic sinusitis.. always have post nasal drip, flares up to big infection every few months - no cause found.

Very heavy periods if not on the pill always had terrible pain and lots of large clots. Been on the pill for years but last 6 months have had lots of spotting. I also get lots of dark discharge and some itching/sensitivity.

Body hair is dark. thick and fast growing.. too much hair in places i dont want it. Acne on face.

Weird vision - like contrast is tuned up, like patched of light are floating in the air.. sensitive to even slightly bright light, makes my eyes hurt. general weird feeling in my head like im out of it or half asleep.. Going around shops makes me realy dizzy weird due to all the lights and noises.

White coating on tongue.. nail infections.

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
(male)

J1570 HB User
Re: Autoimmune issue?

i'm really looking forward to what you find out. although i have no answers... your symptoms are 100% the same as mine. good luck and keep me posted...!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
(female)

bittygirl HB User
Re: Autoimmune issue?

you sound like me. I went on several years with no answers. finally my doctors assistant did a TSH test and it was a little high indicating Hypothyroidism. My number was 5.13 however if I dont keep the tsh down below 1 i feel aweful. then something wasnt quite rite still so I pushed on and finally got a TPO and ana test for hashimotos disease (autoimmune) and it was positive it was like 300 to start with but over the years has kept rising. I am still having some other issue as well when my thyroid stuff is normal I go through periods of exhastion and feeling like I have some sort of virus or something. Im still doing more tests. have your doctor test your adrenal function hormones like DHEAS. you will have body hair when its out of whack and testostrone might be low as well. i have these issues but also I dont have addisons disease (autoimmue adreanal issue) they should test you for addisons. also your ferritin level is to low. it should be around 70 or so. Have they tested you for mono as well?

Closed Thread