It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
(male)

john123456789 HB User
what do you do if mono keeps comming back

Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
(male)

sporque HB User
Re: what do you do if mono keeps comming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by john123456789 View Post
Can you provide some more details on your situation please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I tested positive for mono for 4 1/2 years. They even tested me to see if it was the same case of mono and it was. I just kept getting the symptoms over and over and over again. Didn't help that during that time I had 2 babies. My immune system just couldn't recover.

Finally I guess my immune system must have gotten strong enough to rid me of the virus and it hasn't come back...and that was 30 years ago.

So it does happen and it does get better.

Jenny

Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
(male)

sporque HB User

Thanks for replying Jenny, I'm having the same problem as John.. I got mono last November, was sick then for over 2 months, but for the last year the symptoms kept coming back on and off. Even though I'd have a few months of feeling fine, I'd get residuals.. But
Recently, this last week, I feel like I'm relapsing back to the major symptoms from last year, not just the residuals..It's pretty heart breaking, cause I thought I was in the clear.
Is this what happened to you, felt good then felt worse again? Relapsed?
Can you provide some details on your experience, symptoms and such?

Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

It's been a while but if I recall, I got the fatigue and the swollen glands in my neck and my liver and spleen would get very tender all over again. And then it would clear up for a few months and then come back all over again. But none of the relapses were as bad as the first time around which lasted about 2-3 months.The first time the doc realized it might still be mono was 2 years later and that was when they tested to see if it was still the same virus or whether I had picked it up a second time. Testing showed it was the same case all along. they tried to get my immune system working better but I got pregnant once again and that sapped my immune system(got it the first time and got pregnant just as I was coming out of it). I was tested again at 4 years and was still positive and it was the same original virus. Finally it came back negative at 4 1/2 years after the original test.

So it was like having a mild case of mono each time it came back.

Jenny

Closed Thread