It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
(female)

Sickasadog HB User
Question Can it be so simple?

I'm new here and for 41 years I have been constantly sick and treated for one illness after another and over and over. Finally some blood tests were done and maybe the answer:

IGM is 36 (normal range 45-250)
IGG is 716 (normal range 546 -1727)
IGA is 175 (normal range 80 - 350)
ANA positive 1:160 Speckled (normal range >1:80)
C-Reactive Protein (High Sensitive) .733 (normal range 0.02-0.800)
RA Factor <15 (normal range <30)

Primary doc thinks lupus and RA; then went to Rummy and said not lupus and not RA; took 2 seconds and said Fibromyalgia. But, now more blood work comes back suggesting immune deficiency so Primary doc sending me to immunologist. If I understand it correctly I have IGM deficiency and low level of IGG and Positive ANA. I am exhausted all the time, in pain all of the time, sometimes I can hardly think straight - comming out of a bad spell and doing better - put me on muscle relaxers and has really helped neck/shoulder pain. Doc said muscle relaxers would help me fall asleep -well no such luck. Anyone have any ideas? I was considered "failure to thrive" as an infant and have been sick my whole life. I have been researching now that I feel a little better and am guessing possible CVID? Can you have positive ANA from that? Thank you so very much for any ideas.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kelli1b HB Userkelli1b HB User
Re: Can it be so simple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickasadog View Post
I'm new here and for 41 years I have been constantly sick and treated for one illness after another and over and over. Finally some blood tests were done and maybe the answer:

Primary doc thinks lupus and RA; then went to Rummy and said not lupus and not RA; took 2 seconds and said Fibromyalgia. But, now more blood work comes back suggesting immune deficiency so Primary doc sending me to immunologist. If I understand it correctly I have IGM deficiency and low level of IGG and Positive ANA. I am exhausted all the time, in pain all of the time, sometimes I can hardly think straight - comming out of a bad spell and doing better - put me on muscle relaxers and has really helped neck/shoulder pain. Doc said muscle relaxers would help me fall asleep -well no such luck. Anyone have any ideas? I was considered "failure to thrive" as an infant and have been sick my whole life. I have been researching now that I feel a little better and am guessing possible CVID? Can you have positive ANA from that? Thank you so very much for any ideas.
To me, the IgG sounds high for CVID and no, the ANA is not affected with it. Your immuno can do a pnemonia and DTP vaccine to see if you react to it, that is the final test for CVID. If it is IgM deficiency, there is no treatment from what I understand as Immune Globulin only helps IgG. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

rgwillis HB User
Re: Can it be so simple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickasadog View Post

I have Fibromyalgia & SIGMD & now Rotator cuff tear -having surgery next month-hope I don't get any infections from that on top of everything else
my eyelashes don't hurt......what can I say?

Closed Thread