It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
(female)

Zanuk HB User
CVID Insurance & Medicine in the US

Hello I'm Zanuk and new to this Board and Country (USA).
I have CVID and have been injecting 50ml of IGG subcutaneously for the past 6 years. I know Gammanorm is not on the market here, but s there anyone else also injecting subcutaneously here in the US? If so, could you let me know what brand of medicine you're using and how your reactions have been?

I'm also trying to figure out how to get health insurance as an individual?
I'm not at all familiar with this system and don't know how to start.
Are there some insurance plans that accept pre existing conditions?

Thank you!

Zanuk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
(male)

markincleveland HB User
Re: CVID Insurance & Medicine in the US

Two brands here. Hizrenta, a CSL Behring product is a 20% concentrate. The other Gamunex-C was just FDA approved. It generally has less side effects and a better half life, but it is only a 10% solution. You'll have to infuse almost twice as much to get the same number of grams of IgG. It is manufactured by Talecris. < edited >
I've been on IViG for over 27 years.
good luck on health insurance. The only way you will ever get coverage with your preexisting condition is through an employer plan. You're going to need to get a job.
At present there are no individual plans that will pay for preexisting conditions. At best you will pay out of pocket for a 6 month or 1 year period. That's a tough pill considering a price of about $75 a gram for IG.

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-28-2011 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Please do not post unapproved website links- Posting Policy. (Some "Approved" websites in "Resources" tab- bottom screen)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread