It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
(female)

esalawag HB User
19 y.o female, recurrent infections.

Hello, i am new to this board and was going to tell my story and see if any one had advice or knows of anything that is similar to this. I am in my freshman year of college and have been very very sick this year. In june i came down with a common cold that never really went away, and i formed a lump in my neck. The lump just got bigger and bigger and was pushing into my throat, i was very sick, waking up drenched in night sweats so i had it removed and it was negative for cancer. The night sweats stopped for a while but they have since started back up again. Shortly after around thanksgiving i came down with bronchitis really severe, then it came back again in febuary, then again 3 weeks ago and i just finished antibiotics and it is back AGAIN, i am currently sick with it right now. i was in the hospital two weeks ago because my breathing was so bad and i passed out due to lack of oxygen and i had a really bad cough from the bronchitis and i was not getting enough air. Since then i have been to an allergist/immunology doctor and was diagnosed with pretty bad asthma. I also had allergy testing done and i am highly allergic to dust, and mesquite trees. Allergic to cats, dogs, feathers, cockroaches, molds found in houses and some grasses/weeds. I am waiting on blood work back that was tested on blood and looking at immune system. I was wondering if this sounds like it could also be an immune system problem or something like that? Also, my senior year i was in the hospital when i came down with mono really bad.
I know this is long but any advice is appreciated as all of this stuff is just stressing me out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kelli1b HB Userkelli1b HB User
Re: 19 y.o female, recurrent infections.

You could have IgA Deficiency or CVID. If the doc ran tests on your immune system, it will show there (typically they run Immune globulins: IgG, IgA, IgE (which you obviously have because you have allergies) and IgD). Let us know what these results say. Keep pressing the docs for tests and hang in there.

Closed Thread