It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

gerty71 HB User
What does this all mean

HI

First ever post need your help.

I have been to the my GI doctor this week to and he gave me the following results.

Raised ESR,EO and ANA

Positive IGG

moderate to severe bile salt absorbtion.

Any ideas ?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Re: What does this all mean

I'm sorry I don't understand - why didn't HE tell you what it means? I wish I could help but I'm not really sure what all these things mean but I do believe the high ana and esr can have something to do with autoimmune disorders. You may want to post results on that board and see if you get more feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
(male)

awlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB User
Wink Re: What does this all mean

Gerty71, it strikes me as strange that your doctor did not explain exactly what is going on in your system. He has an obligation to tell you and you have a right to know. It does sound like you may have an autoimmune disorder, but I'm not a neurologist and my imput is next to worthless. You need a full and clear analysis from your doctor. This is a wonderful web site, but it is rare that a neurologist posts here. And if one did he would be foolish to diagnose you at long distance without all the clinical findings and most of all the blood tests. Call your doctor. Be firm in asking to know what he thinks you may have. And tell him to put it in plane simple English. Good luck, all the best, Awlright.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #4
(female)

gerty71 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlright View Post
Gerty71, it strikes me as strange that your doctor did not explain exactly what is going on in your system. He has an obligation to tell you and you have a right to know. It does sound like you may have an autoimmune disorder, but I'm not a neurologist and my imput is next to worthless. You need a full and clear analysis from your doctor. This is a wonderful web site, but it is rare that a neurologist posts here. And if one did he would be foolish to diagnose you at long distance without all the clinical findings and most of all the blood tests. Call your doctor. Be firm in asking to know what he thinks you may have. And tell him to put it in plane simple English. Good luck, all the best, Awlright.
Thanks for the replying to post,

I will chase up with doctor.

He has put me on CHolestyramine powder.

once again Thank you

Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #5
(female)

mysteriousmilli HB User

I think its quite common the UK for doctors not to give out information, in my honest opinion, Ive got a similar story with mine, loads and loads of tests and no explanation of the results or what could be wrong with me, even when I push him he will give a technical explaination of the results but won't be pushed further!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
(female)

gerty71 HB User

Now have letter with more detail

Raised Cholesterol and Triglycerides
ESR Raised
Serum IGM raised (Significant) His wording not mine.
Low Vitamin D levels
Moderate to severe bile salt malabsorbtion

AMA being checked again in case of PBC

Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

I'm sorry, I still don't understand this process. Why doesn't the doctor tell you what this all means? I think you either need to go back with all these results and ask him or go see another doctor.

Closed Thread