It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
(female)

monogirly09 HB User
Mono DOES come back, just as bad :(

I came down with MONO sometime last lear.. Kicker is is that not only did I have Mono, but I also had tonsillitis, at the SAME TIME! So here is my story..

I woke up with a splitting migraine, my throat was extremely sore, congestion in my nose and throat, coughing, sneezing, swollen lymph nodes, and a horrible taste and smell that would not go away.. I was supposed to work that day, so I was trying to rest up before I went in for the night shift.. I eventually called in and proceeded to stay in bed for the next 3 days, unable to eat or drink anything.. To give you a little insight on the severity of the whole thing, the most I could do was swish water around in my mouth, because I couldn't get anything to go down.. I didn't know what was wrong obviously, without going to the doctor, so I tried taking some medicine (Excedrin Migraine and Coricidin Cough and Cold) only for it to get stuck in the back of my throat.. Thank goodness my husband was there, and he helped me get them out before I choked on them.. After this (the next day) I decided to go to a free clinic and try to get some medicine.. (I do not have insurance)... They said that I had the flu and gave me a shot of Penicillin, which, come to find out, I was allergic to, and prescribed me an almost $50 bottle of amoxicillin, yet another in the penicillin family.. I was desperate for this to go away and the doctor said the symptoms would be gone within the next day, so I took the medicine (unaware that I was allergic) and by the 5th day my condition had only gotten worse. So I toughed it out, but by the morning of the 6th day, I was so dehydrated and tired that I fell down the stairs of my apartment, and when my husband got home, he rushed me to the hospital.. I waited in the ER for 4 hours before being seen, and when they finally brought me back, I was diagnosed with Mono and Tons. and was told that if I would've waited another day, I would've died from dehydration.. I was given a shot of steroids, put on an IV drip, and given another form of antibiotic, and upon being released from the hospital, we went to Hardee's and I drank the largest tea they had and nibbled at a small cheeseburger.. Within the next few days I was back to my normal self and appetite..

Now, here we are around a year later, and 2 days ago I wake up with this same aching feeling, loss of appetite, swollen glands and lymph nodes, migraine, and that horrid taste in my mouth, and everything I smell smells EXACTLY like it.. The same exact symptoms back again, only this time, I don't have the tonsillitis.. I feel awful and was just sent home from work, but maybe I can get going with the water and Gatorade and maybe it'll be gone before I go back to work on Sunday..

Mono is NO JOKE, and I can tell you that first-hand!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread